umdesch4

Vancouver Tour Youtube Videos

You guys are right. Now that I've heard the full performance X-Rated sounds really good. Especially for only rehearsing it 3 times. About the not playing it since 2001, I'm sure I have a couple bootlegs of it from after 2001. Or at least one.

And thanks for the audio extractor. That'll be awesome if it works good. I had the perfect thing (Total Recorder) which recorded from the soundboard or something and worked excellently on every stream I tried it on but now I have Windows Vista and for some stupid reason it won't work through the soundboard so it's useless to me. Stupid Vista!

Oh wow! There's a ton of new stuff tonight....

Kitchener - Nov 30, 2009*

Born Losers -

The Boy Who Could Explode -

The Future Is X-Rated -

*Assume this is correct, even though the descriptions don't say, because this user has already posted one video from Kitchener, and X-Rated was played there, BUT we still haven't seen a setlist from Quebec city, so I'm not 100% sure. (They were posted at least a couple hours before the Moncton show too, so they're not from there)

Kitchener - Nov 30, 2009 (for sure)

Great Whales of the Sea -

Volcanoes -

Kingston - Nov 28, 2009

Us Remains Impossible - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-HfmoFOoWc

Empty's Theme Park - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AU4WwdJT1TA <- same one bigtrain21 just caught in the previous post...cheers!

The Boy Who Could Explode - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjY1FCbb9Lk

Youtube is flaking out on me like CRAZY tonight, so I haven't verified the integrity of these uploads, or added them to the playlist yet. Working on it...

Edited by umdesch4

But wait. There's more!!!!

Kingston - Nov 28, 2009

On Nights Like Tonight/ Avalanche (part 1) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4PiJXQC_iA

Avalanche (part 2) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pjnk95nOQg

Also, it's been well over 48 hours since the Quebec city show, so the "wall-of-shame" list now looks like:

Key City Theatre - Cranbrook, British Columbia - Nov 11

Encana Events Centre - Dawson Creek, British Columbia - Nov 13

Red Deer Memorial Centre - Red Deer, Alberta - Nov 16

Capitol Centre - North Bay, Ontario - Nov 26

Charles W. Stockey Centre - Parry Sound, Ontario - Nov 27

Les Cercle - Quebec City, Quebec - Dec 1

Oh, and "the playlist" ( http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=6C44E92C3871BCD5 ) is now updated, and sitting at 99 videos, so I'll be finding out fairly soon whether or not a youtube playlist can have over 100 videos. ;)

WAIT! Ok, I'm removing Quebec City from the wall of shame...

Quebec City - Dec 01, 2009

Avalanche -

Anyone still working out the tab for Avalanche should watch this, LOL!

...and still more from Kitchener, can you handle it?

Kitchener - Nov 30, 2009

The Future Is X-Rated -

Born Losers -

Us Remains Impossible -

(I know these are from Kitchener, only because of the comment on a Mother Mother clip, also under the user's profile)

And thanks for the audio extractor. That'll be awesome if it works good. I had the perfect thing (Total Recorder) which recorded from the soundboard or something and worked excellently on every stream I tried it on but now I have Windows Vista and for some stupid reason it won't work through the soundboard so it's useless to me. Stupid Vista!

I had the same problem until I found something on a message board somewhere and it's an easy fix. In the classic menu in your Control Panel, find "Sound." Once that pops up, click the "recording" tab and then right click inside the window and check the "show disabled devices" box and stereo mix should show up. Then all you have to do is right click on it and enable it and then stereo mix should show up as an option in whatever recording software you are using.

I had the same problem until I found something on a message board somewhere and it's an easy fix. In the classic menu in your Control Panel, find "Sound." Once that pops up, click the "recording" tab and then right click inside the window and check the "show disabled devices" box and stereo mix should show up. Then all you have to do is right click on it and enable it and then stereo mix should show up as an option in whatever recording software you are using.

That's awesome man that you knew what I was talking about. Thanks a lot for the help. It worked just as you said and seems to be working properly now. Do you use Total Recorder or was it a different program?

Still more coming in this morning:

Kitchener - Nov 30, 2009

Last Parade -

Silent Army in the Trees -

Black Helicopter -

Favourite performance of Silent Army so far this tour. This only strengthens my opinion (expressed in the main tour thread yesterday), that Kitchener is THE show I'd most like to get a complete boot of. At 13 videos in the playlist so far, it's tied with Abbotsford for most videos from a single show, and I've enjoyed every one of them greatly.

Ah I wish someone would get Stu playing guitar on Last Parade or Great Whales of the Sea so I could work out those songs easier!

The Future Is X-Rated -

Wow he actually played The future is X-Rated!?

Edited by IamNick

That's awesome man that you knew what I was talking about. Thanks a lot for the help. It worked just as you said and seems to be working properly now. Do you use Total Recorder or was it a different program?

Glad it worked out for you. I've never used Total Recorder I have AVG Audio Editor.

Wow he actually played The future is X-Rated!?

Yeah, and it gets even better. After playing it for the first time (on this tour) in Kitchener, they then proceeded to play it at the next two shows (Quebec City and Moncton). I guess it went over well, and they enjoyed playing it enough to make it a regular addition to the setlist.

A little quieter tonight. Only one new one so far:

Kitchener - Nov 30, 2009

Empty's Theme Park -

Clocking in at exactly 10 minutes, this clip represents what seems to me to be the most epic performance of this song yet. If anyone booted this show PLEASE come forward. After watching 109 youtube videos repeatedly, listening to the Edmonton boot every day for over a week, and having been at the second night in Vancouver myself, I can say there was some kind of extra magic going on at that Kitchener show. Every moment of it, when I watch/listen, no matter how crappy the video/audio quality is, it makes the hair on my arms stand up.

Edited by umdesch4

Clocking in at exactly 10 minutes, this clip represents what seems to me to be the most epic performance of this song yet. If anyone booted this show PLEASE come forward. After watching 109 youtube videos repeatedly, listening to the Edmonton boot every day for over a week, and having been at the second night in Vancouver myself, I can say there was some kind of extra magic going on at that Kitchener show. Every moment of it, when I watch/listen, no matter how crappy the video/audio quality is, it makes the hair on my arms stand up.

Wow.. that was intense

I can't wait to see it next friday

Hot off the youtube presses:

Halifax - Dec 4, 2009

Last Parade -

There's an easter egg of a sort too, isn't there? It seems to me that the last second of that video has the first two strums of X-Rated, doesn't it? ;)

Edit: HAH! Confirmed by the setlist johnny just posted in the other thread. That makes FOUR shows in a row with X-Rated!!!

Edited by umdesch4

Yup, I'm one of those people, and I wasn't even there! ;)

New stuff this evening:

Halifax - Dec 4, 2009

Load Me Up -

Last Parade -

The Boy Who Could Explode -

Come on now people! They've played X-Rated at FOUR shows now (possibly five, St Johns is just finishing now, right?) and we've only got videos of it from Kitchener so far!!!!

Edited by umdesch4