Crusader

Matthew Good 2012 Summer Tour

You could always post it in the Lounge.

Done deal! I can't believe I've never been in there. I'm uploading it now. I'll try to post it there later.

You're welcome russic!

Edited by girl

Went to the Edmonton show @ Capital Ex last night. Here's the setlist from it:

Born Losers

Last Parade

Load Me Up

The Future is X-Rated

Shallows Low

Zero Orchestra

Everything is Automatic

Alert Status Red

Hello Time Bomb

I'm A Window

Non Populus

Apparitions

Weapon

Champions of Nothing

Strange Days (acoustic)

Overal solid show as always from Matt, vocals were spot on as well. Nice to see Pat on drums too! Lots of singles since it was a festival show. After last night, I really do think Matt should stop doing festivals. I know it's probably good money, but the crowd was pretty brutal. Maybe it's just Edmonton, but it seemed like a good chunk of the crowd were expecting to mosh to Matt's songs lol. I saw more weed and alcohol being snuck in than I did at the Shinedown concert I just went to! Matt even stopped playing at the beginning of Alert Status Red to tell off a bunch of moshers. You could see him eyeing them during the opening verse, then he flat out told the band to stop, pointed at the area of people, and went on a nice little rant about violence at concerts. I would paraphrase but I honestly wouldn't do his speech justice (maybe someone happened to record it?). Fortunately thay didn't stop the flow of the show, and from there it was all good until......fireworks! Right in the middle of the last encore song, Strange Days. Capital Ex has a fireworks display every night at 11pm, and I know it's not really their fault that Matt is still playing, but it was definitely destracting since the song was acoustic only, and I could see how annoyed Matt was, glancing up at the fireworks through the song.

To sum it up: great concert! Shitty crowd and venue. Hope Matt does a full on tour soon.

Some pics and a short vid of Weapon to come.

EDIT:

Pics:

Edited by MS_DOS
  • Upvote 1

After last night, I really do think Matt should stop doing festivals. I know it's probably good money, but the crowd was pretty brutal. Maybe it's just Edmonton, but it seemed like a good chunk of the crowd were expecting to mosh to Matt's songs lol. I saw more weed and alcohol being snuck in than I did at the Shinedown concert I just went to! Matt even stopped playing at the beginning of Alert Status Red to tell off a bunch of moshers. You could see him eyeing them during the opening verse, then he flat out told the band to stop, pointed at the area of people, and went on a nice little rant about violence at concerts. I would paraphrase but I honestly wouldn't do his speech justice (maybe someone happened to record it?).

Thanks for the review.

That's really good. Safety comes first. I've been in a mosh pit a couple of times and it's not fun. On those two occasions, I fell flat on the ground and came home with many bruises.

Edited by girl

During the WLRRR tour, I remember him stopping near the end of Buffalo Seven in Calgary because people were being dicks and fighting or something, so I'm glad to see him still doing that. Maybe that's why he's opted for playing theaters the last 5 or 6 years.

Yeah, probably. I wouldn't blame him if he wanted to do that. Are you talking about the MacEwan Hall concert? I don't remember that, probably because I was at the back, in the safe zone, by the controls. When I went to a Radiohead concert a couple of years ago, Thom Yorke also got a little bit mad at the people in the mosh pit. He said something to the effect of "This isn't System of a Down."

Edited by girl

Went to the Edmonton show @ Capital Ex last night. Here's the setlist from it:

I also made it out to the show and your review pretty much covered it. This was my 25th time seeing MG/B perform and knowing it was a festival-type concert the performance was what I expected. The crowd didn't react to the non-singles but that didn't stop MG from playing songs like Non Populus, Zero Orchestra, Great Whales of the Sea and I'm a Window to spice up the show. Songs like Everything Is Automatic and Future is X-Rated are personal favorites of mine so I'm always pleased when they get performed live. It was a solid 90 minute set but not really fit for an open aired summer festival show, still I'm always happy to see MG perform.

(maybe someone happened to record it?).

I usually record Edmonton shows but because of time constraints and the venue at Capital Ex I didn't roll tape. I don't think we're missing out on too much by not having a recording of the show as far as performances go. There were no new songs or surprising reworkings of favorites. There was a little bit of amusing banter regarding Iron Maiden (they were playing in Edmonton that night), being electrocuted on stage and the aforementioned tirade of the guys who were being violent in the crowd. However, at the next show (solo or full band), I'll be there and ready to record.

Holy Crap! What an awesome night at Folk Fest with Matt Good! I hope Moonlight was able to make it, because the set was unreal! Something awesome about just Matt and an acoustic guitar.

I can't really remember the set, but I'll write out what I can recall (definitely not in order):

Born Losers

Metal Airplanes

Load Me Up

Strange Days

While We Were Hunting Rabbits

99% Of Us Is Failure

Suburbia

Alert Status Red

Avalanche

Generation X-Wing

Apparitions

True Love Will Find You In The End

I know I'm missing at least 2 songs, one of which was a cover that I don't think I've heard before.

Anyone else from here go to the show? What did you think? Any help fixing my setlist and order is greatly appreciated!

• Upvote 1

I was there... right up front .. my recollection of the set list, and i think this was the order... though again, feel free to correct

Born Losers

Metal Airplanes

WWWHR

Sort of A Protest Song

Load Me Up

Strange Days

99% of Us is Failure

Suburbia

Alert Status Red

Motorway to Roswell (Pixies)

Avalanche

Generation X Wing

Apparitions

True Love Will Find you in the End

• Upvote 1

he didn't go with my all rico setlist!?

Obviously, he is saving Rico for the "favorites" album that he'll be releasing outside of Canada:

Rico (Underdogs)

Rico (Live at Snowjob)

Rico (studio acoustic)

Rico (big band version)

Rico (bohemian polka)

Rico (string quartet)

Rico (radio edit)

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the proper setlist Margaret!

You're welcome :)

By the way, did the guy in the big pink bunny suit make his way near you?

I saw him at the end when Matt had left the stage and people had shifted to the next performer... but didn't see him during the show. I was right at the front on the left side of the stage (if you were facing Matt).

I was closer to the right-hand side of the stage. I really enjoyed when the crowd messed up the lyrics to Load Me Up, and the laughter that ensued.

That was hilarious.

I think some girl passed out from drug-use near me during the concert. She sure was a real hardcore folk hippie HAHAHA!!!