GuitarmanMCS

Chaotic Neutral (Vinyl)

Hey everyone,

Any chance one of you has a copy of Chaotic Neutral on vinyl you'd be willing to part with for a reasonable price? I saw one online today for $45 but decided I refuse to pay that for a single vinyl.

I figured I would try and see if anyone happened to buy 2 or 3 or 4 and was saving them for a rainy day.

If so, just let me know.

I ordered the CN vinyl off matthewgood.org yesterday! http://matthewgood.store-08.com/

Also - the price of new vinyls these days seem to be commonly $30-40+ so it's not the most outrageous price.

If anything, I'd think that a re-seller would be offering it for $75+

Edited by NationofCool

I ordered the CN vinyl off matthewgood.org yesterday! http://matthewgood.store-08.com/

Also - the price of new vinyls these days seem to be commonly $30-40+ so it's not the most outrageous price.

If anything, I'd think that a re-seller would be offering it for $75+

Thanks for listing the link. I shit you not...I've checked it almost daily and saw the "Sold Out" text. You posted that link and it went right through. Ordered it! $30-$40 is very pricey here in the states for a single vinyl. Most double vinyl retail around $24-$29. So when I saw $50 with shipping I canceled the order. Thanks to you good sir I will now own this great record!

Thanks for listing the link. I shit you not...I've checked it almost daily and saw the "Sold Out" text. You posted that link and it went right through. Ordered it! $30-$40 is very pricey here in the states for a single vinyl. Most double vinyl retail around $24-$29. So when I saw $50 with shipping I canceled the order. Thanks to you good sir I will now own this great record!

Oh wow! It had said "sold out" and "presale" for the longest time. I wonder if HMV will price match it for me....it's 32.99$ in store...

Matthew Good has been nominated for a Juno this year. The Juno festivities will be in Calgary from March 28 to April 3.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/arts/juno-nominees-list-2016-1.3430406

ROCK ALBUM OF THE YEAR

• Get Up, Bryan Adams
  • The Physical World, Death From Above 1979
  • Chaotic Neutral, Matthew Good
  • No Fixed Address, Nickelback
  • Future Nostalgia, The Sheepdogs

I hope he wins.

Instead of Dan Mangan? Fucking ludicrous. 

I share your disgust.  Just another reason why the Junos are such bullshit.

That being said, I think Matt has a pretty good chance of winning.  The Sheepdogs would probably be the favourite to win.  I personally don't like them, but they're fairly popular.  DFA had a good album, but they're still pretty "indie" compared to the others.

I'm assuming Matt won't be attending, either way.

I think that would be a safe assumption. I once bought tickets to a Canadian music awards show in Calgary. Matt won an award, but he didn't come. A tall guy with grey hair accepted on his behalf.

I too, share your shock and horror at this situation.  I don't even consider Nickelback to be music, to be honest.

Me too. I haven't heard anything from them in a while. I thought they disappeared off the face of the planet. All of their songs sound exactly the same.

Edited by girl

I share your disgust.  Just another reason why the Junos are such bullshit.

That being said, I think Matt has a pretty good chance of winning.  The Sheepdogs would probably be the favourite to win.  I personally don't like them, but they're fairly popular.  DFA had a good album, but they're still pretty "indie" compared to the others.

Personally, I would actually pick Club Meds over anything else for Rock Album of the year. CN is pretty damn good, but Mangan is on another level right now.

Personally, I would actually pick Club Meds over anything else for Rock Album of the year. CN is pretty damn good, but Mangan is on another level right now.

I'd agree with that.  I think Chaotic Neutral is a little more accessible, so I can see it winning.  But Club Meds is one of my favourite albums from the past year.

Glad it worked out!

I also saw it sold out for a long time, then one day I was on the site and didn't see the words "sold out" so I scrambled as quickly as I could to order it before they had a chance to say "sorry it's sold out again" and luckily it worked out for both of us! :)

So how does the record sound compared to the CD? I am yet to give mine a spin. Probably this weekend as I will turn the jams in celebration of my birth!

Personally - I'm finding a "fuller" sound, particularly on the quieter songs like Tiger By The Tail and Los Alamos...but maybe it's just my set-up.