Scott Rodgerson

Alternate MG Album Covers

Man those are some beautiful covers! I especially like the Subversive Literature (which is a great idea and title) and Vancouver ones. The WLRARR (a lit up and upside down American flag during the Iraq War ?), CN, and SLAS are great choices and concepts too. Thanks a lot for sharing! 

Edited by daniel_v
  • Like 1

If anybody recalls the posters for the 2008 tour, they might enjoy this. Back in '05 I shot a few gigs, and this shot from a St. Catherine's show ended up being used later on. I was still shooting on film back then, god help me.

Actually, funny story--I was 20 at the time, and knowing that I was gonna shoot the gig, I ended up going to another band's show in Hamilton since Pat Steward was drumming with them (Stripper's Union, with some dudes from the Odds and the Hip). I was trying to get a sense of what I was in for, and it was no small comfort to hear that it wasn't just me who got ultra-short email replies from Matt.  A few days later I was in Toronto to see a friend, and walking down Bay I thought I saw someone I recognized. Pat Steward. I guess I got close enough to give him a shout. He turns around searches me, then points and says my name, not totally sure. I assured him I wasn't stalking him (this may have been an unforced error). Anyway, he asks what I'm listening to on my giant-ass headphones. Five seconds later, he's wearing said headphones and air drumming to something off NIN's With Teeth in the middle of Bay Street.

Really lovely guy; it was always a pleasure to bump into him at shows. Heading into shooting for a guy I admired as a kid,  Pat's presence and attitude made a real difference.

battle stations.jpg

Additional unsolicited fun fact: As a gift for my best friend, a few years back I created a proper physical version of the Bontempo record (art, packaging, the works) and got Matt to sign it. Then I gave him an off-colour, error-riddled recap of Empire Strikes Back.

19 hours ago, Scott Rodgerson said:

If anybody recalls the posters for the 2008 tour, they might enjoy this. Back in '05 I shot a few gigs, and this shot from a St. Catherine's show ended up being used later on. I was still shooting on film back then, god help me.

I actually do remember that poster and thought that pic was really cool.  That's awesome you did that.  I'm not sure if there were variations but searching now,  it was this or something close to it. Great work. 

Matthew Good Live In At The Kee

On 6/27/2020 at 8:12 AM, Stwlegend said:

I actually do remember that poster and thought that pic was really cool.  That's awesome you did that.  I'm not sure if there were variations but searching now,  it was this or something close to it. Great work. 

Matthew Good Live In At The Kee

My wife got me this poster autographed and framed it for me as a Christmas gift...it’s hanging proudly in our house ?

• Upvote 2

On 6/26/2020 at 2:25 PM, Scott Rodgerson said:

Looks like Arizona's in Thorold.

On 9/23/2020 at 11:50 AM, Williammunny11 said:

Wow, beyond impressed. I gotta ask, are you a freelance artist? And if so, do you have a website? 

I am going to be in need of both a book cover and an album cover in the next few months, and I'd love to go through an indie-artist!

Hi James,

You can find the bulk of my work at ScottRodgerson.com, and more recent work on Instagram at @scottrodgerson and @therodgersoncorporation -- the API for my site's screwy right now, so it's a few months out of date.