NationofCool

You're A Loser

I've been listening to Loser Anthems for the last like 3-4 hours.. and my god batman.. its BRILLIANT!!! I take back the comment of not liking 100% of the songs.. this album is SOOOOOOO GOOOD.. i have "life beyond the minimum safe distance" on repeat.. its on like play #21 right now.. 21 times in a row.. and im loving it more and more!!!

My goodness.. give that man (Matt Good) an award for being the most awesome musician EVER... EEE--EEE---EEVER!!!

I never liked that "Life Beyond..." song..so I deleted it a long time ago...but now that I'm listening to a bunch of songs that I deleted that I've gotten back recently (like Rico, Symbolistic White Walls, Everything is Automatic) they're all really good and I don't know what I was thinking when I got rid of them. So right now I'm in the hasty process of (re)acquiring every possible song.

are u kidding me you delete Rico, Symbolistic White Walls, And EIA.... that is just shameful... remove yourself from this forum!

"Remove the stone of shame..."

"Whoo Hoo"

"Attatch the stone of triumph!"

"D'oh!"

classic simpson's btw.... hehe.

Edited by Maverick

I deleted all those many months ago...only got them back like last week...

I'm now missing the following songs (much of which I used to have):

Life Beyond The Minimum Safe Distance

M. Good vs M. Trolley

Truffle Pigs

All Together

Pony Boy

Going all the Way

Born to Kill

Vermillion

The War Is Over

Omissions Of The Omen

Push

Heather's Like Sunday

Dancing Invisible

Joe's In Trouble

The Bombmaker

Last Of The Ghetto Astronauts

Blue Bird

Second Sun

Entresol

If Bird's Don't Fly Straight

Coming Out In Purple

The Last Poem's Poet

Saturday The 12th

You Are Here

Folk Singer

Umbrellaless

Requiem For Rosemary

Close

South Of Summer

Break In The Rhythm

Waiting For The Great Destruction

Go Fly Blind

As Long As You're Mine

William Sits In Avalon

The Jangolier

Full Moon In Pisces

Oh man...for some reason this whole thread reminded me of Endsong.

When he gets to the part about the thunder and whatnot, I can't help but feel painfully embarassed for him.

It's funny as all heck.

Why, because his voice sounds funny? ;)

He hardly had alot of experience in singing I think when that came out.

Oh man...for some reason this whole thread reminded me of Endsong.

When he gets to the part about the thunder and whatnot, I can't help but feel painfully embarassed for him. 

It's funny as all heck.

Why, because his voice sounds funny? ;)

He hardly had alot of experience in singing I think when that came out.

I think it was more the melodrama of the whole track - it's just too much to take seriously. The thunder just kills any thread of ability I might have to take it as anything but ridiculous.

He's a very good writer - I admire him for that -, but I think he got too wrapped up into being poetic in the very beginning.

Everyone doesn't start off singing magnificently or painting like Leonardo. You gotta start at the bottom and Matt's years and years of practice have paid off for him I think. He’s got a bigger range in his notes now and his songs are put together much more smoothly. I’m sure he looks back and thinks that some of the stuff he did was crap. It shows progress though in his job and talent though. Imagine what kind of stuff he’ll be doing in another 10 years if he still plans on making music.

He’s worked really hard for what he has right now don’t you think?

Everyone doesn't start off singing magnificently or painting like Leonardo. You gotta start at the bottom and Matt's years and years of practice have paid off for him I think. He’s got a bigger range in his notes now and his songs are put together much more smoothly. I’m sure he looks back and thinks that some of the stuff he did was crap. It shows progress though in his job and talent though. Imagine what kind of stuff he’ll be doing in another 10 years if he still plans on making music.

He’s worked really hard for what he has right now don’t you think?

Yes...but that doesn't change the fact that Endsong is really funny.

I wouldn't be here if I didn't think he was an incredible songwriter. But it's fun to see where he started at. And good to see he's progressed. Like you said, I'm sure he views his early stuff similarly - if he takes it out at all.

Endsong is History Teacher era, non? A lot of his stuff from that era is a lot less trite - or just as trite but in a more digestable way. Like Whispering In The Dark and Heather's Like Sunday. Those are good songs. And early as well.

Saturday the 12th also makes me laugh. But that can make anyone laugh. Just good clean fun.

Symbolistic White Walls - THE song that got me into Matt Good. I miss my History teacher and stuff - I think its time to dig that and Loser Anthems out again! History Teacher era I used to listen to every day when I worked at a shoe store as I would put the two disks I had put them on, on the disc changer and listen to them over and over. Luckily my coworkers were fans as well! Loser Anthems I DEFINITELY have to listen to again.

I like the 'End Song' from '15 Hours On A September Thursday' better than the 'Broken' one.

I didn't know there were two versions!

Oh man...now I feel the terrible compulsion to have both.

yes, I am weird.

yeah...i didn't either for a long time...so you're not alone in that boat.

I like the 'End Song' from '15 Hours On A September Thursday' better than the 'Broken' one.

I didn't know there were two versions!

Oh man...now I feel the terrible compulsion to have both.

yes, I am weird.

yeah...i didn't either for a long time...so you're not alone in that boat.

Are the differences that noticeable? Is there thunder in both of them?

You gotta have the thunder, man.