mrs.matthew.good

What Did You Think?

personally, i thought this was one of the poorest MG shows i've ever seen. i think it was cause i always see his shows, and not festival shows. I know that bands never give it their all, or play a long set (at a festival show), but frankly i expect way more from matt, after seeing him play many times before. i did still enjoy myself though, and what was with the fans, what, have we forgotten that after a show we're supposed to cheer for an encore, or were we all just too drunk?

anyways i thought the new songs were great! anyone record them?

Cheers.

damn, i missed the new songs, my son was freezing and we had to drive back to Vernon right away, we kinda figured the set was done after the whole throwing issue, then a few more songs, they walked off stage, so we left, then heard music again about 10 mins later, but ya can't get back in, damn. My 8 year-old had a blast anyway. Anyone catch the Jen show in the bleachers?

It was my first Matt Good show and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't dissapointed. It wasn't Matt or the band's fault though. The sound was messed up and the mosh pit was chaos, I was fearing for my life for a bit. The band did kick ass on Put Out Your Lights though, an awesome job on a song that was never one of my favourites (but now is). Before I can judge Matt, I'll have to see him again because last night would be a bad example. It was still really fun and I bought a shirt ;) K-os had a good performance too.

personally, i thought this was one of the poorest MG shows i've ever seen.

What she said. My heart sank when Matt threatened to walk off stage. I was right at the front getting crushed, freezing my ass and braving the crowd surfers almost kicking me in the head. I'm glad I at least got to hear the two new songs before he left (they sounded awesome).

It wouldnt have been the first time Matt walked off-stage from an incident like this. Back in 1999 I believe he left in Saskatoon or Regina after being hit with a shoe.

I was in the middle of the moshpits at the show. Being over 6' is definately an advantage I'd say. It was pretty rough, but its expected at events like these. Even with all the chaos going on, Matt still played a decent show. I've seen him 6 times now, it wasnt his best, but it wasnt his worst either.

About the new songs, I really liked them. The second was better than the first and I really enjoyed the beat it had. Something new and fresh.

Good to hear that the new songs were good. haha, pun intended....

Im not too surprised that the show sucked though, new band, bad crowd, bad sound. Hopefully the shows improve, or matt takes rich back...I miss rich

Edited by Instant-Karma

I thought it was DISGUSTING and fucking disrespectful of all those drunken idiots to throw things at the band. What the hell??? A wrench?? That is just insane. I don't blame Matt for being pissed off. He has every right to be. I thought it was a pretty good show....couldn't really see too much...and to be honest...am ashamed to say the show is a bit fuzzy for me...but still thought matt and the rest rocked it out!

So youre pissed at all the drunk people there, and the show is fuzzy for you? Thats a little ironic. Anyways, the wrench was uncalled for. Im glad the band tried to take it lightly and just warn the crowd with their initial comments. At least Matt wasnt like he was in Saskatchewan a few years back.