Deadpool, X-Men, Avengers, Sin City and all things Frank Miller, Spider-man, Fantastic Four, Punisher, Captain America, Iron Man, Black Panther, Thunderbolts, G.I. Joe, Ninja Turtles... ahhh so many more

some favorite stories are: Sin City: That Yellow Bastard, V For Vendetta by Alan Moore, We3 by Grant Morrison

The best comic ever was Watchmen. May it never be made into a movie.

From Hell.

League of Extrodinary Gentlemen.

Watchmen may only be a matter of time. But maybe hollywood has learned its lesson on Moore movies already. Actually i heard 'From Hell' wasn't a bad flick, but i haven't seen it.

I actually own "The Watchmen" TPB, but haven't read it yet.

I started collecting comics around 1990 when i was 10. I quit around 1994 when my local comicshop closed down. I started reading/collecting again around 1998, but have barely picked up a comic in the last few years.

My fav comics are Darkhawk, Moon Knight, 1970's Ghost Rider, Kurt Busiek-era Avengers, Swamp Thing (Alan Moore), Sandman, early Claremont Uncanny X-Men, Ultimate Spider-Man, Silver Surfer, some 80's Batman, and basically anything Marvel from the 70's-early 80's.

I think as far as X-men go, Grant Morrisson's entire New X-men run is the greatest. Specifically, the climax, "Planet X". Absolutely brilliant.

And yeah, apparently 'Watchmen' is in preproduction, but they have been saying that for years. In my opinion, there is only one way to adapt it:

12 part, unedited miniseries. With a huge budget. It would be awesome. Think of the DVD sales!

Haven't read Grant Morrison's X-Men run. I may have a few of the early ones, but probably not. Actually i hate the X-Men books now (Ultimate X-Men is cool though). Claremont comes back all the time and he is just horrible now. Then they killed Colossus (what the FUCK?!?!??). Then they changed all the costumes, and Beast is a cat etc. etc.

The 2 main X-men books have been screwed up for years and years.

If they're gonna do a Watchmen movie, they'd have to do it like "Sin City" and let Alan Moore have tons of control. And if he's not involved in the propject then i wouldn't do it.

Actually i think it would be cool if they did some hardcore classically animated full-length comic films. Imagine a "Watchmen" animated movie done kick-ass and in the Dave Gibbons art style. Or a Dark Knight Returns movie in Frank Miller style?

Haven't read Grant Morrison's X-Men run. I may have a few of the early ones, but probably not. Actually i hate the X-Men books now (Ultimate X-Men is cool though). Claremont comes back all the time and he is just horrible now. Then they killed Colossus (what the FUCK?!?!??). Then they changed all the costumes, and Beast is a cat etc. etc.

The 2 main X-men books have been screwed up for years and years.

If they're gonna do a Watchmen movie, they'd have to do it like "Sin City" and let Alan Moore have tons of control. And if he's not involved in the propject then i wouldn't do it.

Actually i think it would be cool if they did some hardcore classically animated full-length comic films. Imagine a "Watchmen" animated movie done kick-ass and in the Dave Gibbons art style. Or a Dark Knight Returns movie in Frank Miller style?

Animated could work, but it would lose a lot of people and really be for fans only. The point of adapting comics to film is to adapt them. It can be successful, take Doc Ock in Spiderman 2; he wasn't a joke for once.

You should definitely check out GM's run on New X-Men though. He took risks most are afraid to take withthe characters, and I appreciate that. Everything was justified, and the reader is never insulted by the stupidity of the writing. I should point out that it was he, Grant Morrisson, who turned Beast cat-like. check it out, you will do yourself a favour.

Just don't read Claremont's follow-up story arc, it destroys every single good thing Morrisson did.

i think comic book adaptations to film are fine. granted, not all of them are good, but it's a 50/50. it's like taking a script and performing it on stage. whoever is running the show, acting in it, producing, has a big effect on the outcome and determine with whether or not it's going to be good. also, since it's like a script, sometimes you take liberties with certain things or add other things for storyline purposes. obviously comic books arent concerned with their storylines, they can go on forever if they like. whereas with movies, you're stuck with fitting a story into a 2-3 hour medium. so, changes are necessary. i think you should embrace changes because it's an interpretation. if they called a movie "bob kane's batman", it would mean that the movie would be presented closest to how bob kane invisionned batman. you rarely see that though, especially with franchise movies. so, expect changes to be made. why else is there a point of seeing a live action film of something you're already familiar with. it's like the movie titanic (lol, horrible comparison)... we know what's going to happen at the end of it all, because the storyline is familiar to us. so, changes have to be made in other places. i think i'm rambling now. i'll stop. hopefully this makes sense.

You should definitely check out GM's run on New X-Men though. He took risks most are afraid to take withthe characters, and I appreciate that. Everything was justified, and the reader is never insulted by the stupidity of the writing. I should point out that it was he, Grant Morrisson, who turned Beast cat-like. check it out, you will do yourself a favour.

Just don't read Claremont's follow-up story arc, it destroys every single good thing Morrisson did.

i read stuff by Morrison once. I think it was during his run on JLA. I wasn't impressed. Very confusing and convoluted writing. But maybe one day i'll check it out. I'll try any comic once. Its just a matter of prioritizing what i do want to read because there's just so much great stuff out there. Like i said, i haven't even read my Watchmen TPB yet! (i bought it like 2-3 years ago). shame on me. ;)

SHAME ON YOU!

Seriously, stop whatever youare doing right now and read it. It will change how you look at comics. I hope so, anyway. It is the best.

Also for anyone who really wants a good read, check out Scott McCloud's 'Understanding Comics' Excellent read. Textbook in comic-form examining comics.

i know i'm an idiot. Watchmen is considered by friggin everyone to be the best comic story of all-time. But that big Watchmen book just sits there, because i know i'll need to stamp out at least a week or 2 to sit and read it. I don't want to start it, then stop and not pick it up for another 3 months and then have to start over again.

ahhhhh anyways, Yoda should kick Wolverine's ass because he's got the Force.

Here's a good question: Can a lightsaber slice through adamantium?