firestorm701

Harry Potter (!hbp Spoiler Warning!)

i felt so stupid buying the book at Chapter's only because it was so typical, but hey i had to read it. what can i say i liked it, i mean apart from the fact that Rowling is slowly killing all the best characters...Sirius was the shiz. critics should lay off, i'm not saying she's an exceptional writer, but it's entertaining. and i heard that the book sales raked in more than the estimated success of 2 movies that came out that weekend Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, and another movie.

haha, those articles were definitely hilarious, and yeah, im not sure about the american publications and the papers used, but really, who cares... its not like the americans would listen if somebody told them to stop anyways.

i felt so stupid buying the book at Chapter's only because it was so typical, but hey i had to read it. what can i say i liked it, i mean apart from the fact that Rowling is slowly killing all the best characters...Sirius was the shiz. critics should lay off, i'm not saying she's an exceptional writer, but it's entertaining. and i heard that the book sales raked in more than the estimated success of 2 movies that came out that weekend Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, and another movie.

You should have bought it at Shoppers Drug Mart (if there was one near you.) They were going for $25 there opening day. I went at 11pm, and they still had a fair amount of copies left.

I think Crusader has a point in thinking that Harry is a Horcrux. Think about it. Dumbledore said it wasn't advisable to having something living to be a Horcrux, but he didn't say it was impossible. If Harry is a Horcrux, the only way to kill Voldemort, would be to kill himself, thus destroying the Horcrux. It would fit perfectly with the rest of the books. At least it wouldn't be no lovey-dovey ending.

Edit for spelling.

Edited by matrix

I was having a debate about this with a friend of mine, and he brought up this theory. And in a lot of ways it makes perfect sense.

But there's one fact that kind of defeats it: Voldemort was trying to KILL Harry. He knew that Harry was a threat to him, so he wouldn't bother to keep him around. Even if it was to put a bit of his soul into him.

sorry matrix, but there is just so much evidence that makes it impossible for Harry to be a horcrux. first of all, someone has to be killed for a horcrux to be made, and they have to be killed just before making the horcrux, so therefore Lily would have had to be the catalyst, which means that Harry would be the Horcrux at the point of Lilys death.

Of course, this is completely impossible, because right after Voldy kills Lily, he tries to kill Harry. This is definitely not happening.

Well, boys and girls, do we actually know that Voldemort was trying to kill Harry? He killed Lily, so someone was killed in order to make the Horcrux, and then he supposedly tried to kill Harry. But was anyone around to witness him doing a curse? Maybe he did the Horcrux spell? Maybe that's how Harry got that scar? Everyone is just assuming Voldemort tried to kill Harry, I don't think it was ever spelt out like that in the book. What I do remember is all the characters in the book believe Harry is the boy who lived. Of course they would think that. Voldemort showing up at your house and killing your family, he would try to kill you too. But none of the characters know for sure, it's what they've been told.

I could be completly wrong. But it would be a good storyline.

But it would be a good storyline.

No it wouldn't. It would be like... "let's completely ignore everything that happened in the six previous books in order to make up a new storyline that has Harry need to die to kill Voldemort."

Voldemort was trying to kill Harry when he was one, and he has tried again to kill him x times since then as well. Harry is not a Horcrux and going 'round and 'round with this silly theory is not going to get us anywhere useful.

Let us instead discuss, what else possibly could be one? In her interview with Mugglenet and The Leaky Couldron (I think it was TCL, but could be wrong), she suggests that some object from books past is one of the horcruxes. I intend to start rereading next week...

I think i remembered hearing that the locket (destroyed by R.A.B. [Regalus Black?]) was mentioned in Order of the Phoenix, when they were cleaning up their headquarters. I read OotP the day before Half-Blood Prince came out however, so i don't intend on reading it again just to find the blurb.

But it would be a good storyline.

No it wouldn't. It would be like... "let's completely ignore everything that happened in the six previous books in order to make up a new storyline that has Harry need to die to kill Voldemort."

Voldemort was trying to kill Harry when he was one, and he has tried again to kill him x times since then as well. Harry is not a Horcrux and going 'round and 'round with this silly theory is not going to get us anywhere useful.

Let us instead discuss, what else possibly could be one? In her interview with Mugglenet and The Leaky Couldron (I think it was TCL, but could be wrong), she suggests that some object from books past is one of the horcruxes. I intend to start rereading next week...

Ah, whatever ;)

Well, boys and girls, do we actually know that Voldemort was trying to kill Harry? He killed Lily, so someone was killed in order to make the Horcrux, and then he supposedly tried to kill Harry. But was anyone around to witness him doing a curse? Maybe he did the Horcrux spell? Maybe that's how Harry got that scar? Everyone is just assuming Voldemort tried to kill Harry, I don't think it was ever spelt out like that in the book. What I do remember is all the characters in the book believe Harry is the boy who lived. Of course they would think that. Voldemort showing up at your house and killing your family, he would try to kill you too. But none of the characters know for sure, it's what they've been told.

as a matter of fact, we do know that Voldy was trying to kill Harry

Dumbly says in one of the books that a scar like that can only come from surviving a deadly curse

EDIT: exactly Itchy, and now im doing the same thing, lol

Edited by firestorm701

EXACTLY! My theory is that he's going to get himself killed by Voldemort, but done in a way that he's dying protecting someone else. That person is inflicted with the magic of love and uses that new power to take Voldemort down.

Because seriously once Harry gets rid of all the Horcruxes, he's not going to be able to take down Voldemort with spell magic. A 17 year old student against a 40-something year old fully accomplished wizard who studied the dark arts for years? Harry would get his ass served to him. That's why i think he's going to die, leaving the magic of love in someone else (doesn't matter who) and they can take him down by touching his face or something (like they did with Quirrel.)

I've been sticking to this theory since book 3 and its only been further and further confirmed. JK likes to tie her books together completly, so i wouldn't be surprised if she did a full circle with the magic of love ending the series as well as beginning it.

Edited by static