jean_a

Grounded

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

you got grounded!

That's harsh man. By which I mean Damn, you beat me to it.

anyway...

I was grounded once, when I got caught smoking. I was grounded not for smoking but for having lied about it. Originally i got two months, worked my way down to a month and ended up free after 3 weeks. And trust me if you knew my mother that's a fuckin miracle.

Geez...I've only been grounded...once....And it didn't last long.

But my sister was the one that got grounded a lot. And if she had internet/computer back then, that thing would have been taking away so fast she wouldn't be allowed to use it.

So, I think you have it really easy being able to use a computer.

kids today are spiled. like me. i mean i'm a lot of better than most spoiled types, but that's about it. and parents don't want to discipline their kids anymore. my 4 year old cousin was here for the night last night and she is insane. her mom and dad aren't together which makes things even more difficult, but all together, she hasn't reached any sort of level a 4 year old should be at.

My cousins are exactly the same.

They are 9 and 13 and my aunt treats them like they're God's gift to the world... when in reality they're little hell raisers..

I love my family.. i swear

But consider myself i a pretty good kid... so do my parents.. i think.. so when i skrew up by lets say coming home at 6:30 in the morning i get in a lot of trouble.

Edited by jean_a

On my mom's side of the family, there are basically two sets of cousins. One is the older generation, and the youngest among us is 14 years old. And below that, there's a group of nine year olds and below.

The oldest in particular is straight out of hell. The oldest child in his family, of course. Don't know what his parents did with him, but I can't stand to be around him. The next oldest comes under his influence too much. All the others are complete angels.

What do you think that says?

Oldest children = bastards.

my younger sister (almost 17) is the youngest from the first set of grandchildren, now my cousins are having kids. one is just a tiny baby, one is very handicapped, ones mom died of leukiemia when he was like 7 and then there is the crazy one i talked about. the leukiemia kid is like 14 or 15 now and is crazy too. he refuses to shower and practise general hygiene and no one is making him... i can't wait to discipline the crap out of my kids. i remember my parents doing it to me and i've seen them do it to my little cousin and i think that will prevent me from making psycho kids.

i can't wait to discipline the crap out of my kids.

See, that worries me.

It reinforces the idea in my head that people only have kids as an extension of their own political beliefs. They want to create their perfect little version of what a human being should be.

See, that worries me.

It reinforces the idea in my head that people only have kids as an extension of their own political beliefs. They want to create their perfect little version of what a human being should be.

See, that worries me.

It reinforces the idea in my head that people are all retarded, and think that their kid is going to be the CEO of a company if all they do is spoil them their whole life.

i want to get them to the point where they can make proper decisions themselves. compared to other kids, i was disciplined a lot but i have also made less critical mistakes. i realize that you learn from your mistakes, but you don't have to shoot yourself in the foot to know it hurts.

Edited by Lauren

... Those parents are so annoying.

I worked at the Arena here for a while back during the hockey season, and I hated those parents.

There was also this loud American woman who wouldn't shut up about being American.

I wanted her dead.

See, that worries me.

See, that worries me.

It reinforces the idea in my head that people are all retarded, and think that their kid is going to be the CEO of a company if all they do is spoil them their whole life.

See, that worries me.

It reinforces the idea in my head that you're an annoying little son of a bitch who can't so much as understand the posts he tries to pseudo-criticize.

My point was that parents try and raise their kids in one of two ways:

1) They way they wish their parents had raised them, or

2) As a way to make a political statement.

You'll notice that type #1 neatly fits into type #2.

The second way can be any type of statement you want. Raising your kids in a certain religion, or on certain dietary restrictions, what have you. You thought I was endorsing parent type #1. I'm not. I don't want kids and I don't understand the rationale behind having children. I'm trying to say that parent type #2 scares me because it seems like one of the main reasons people (not just Lauren) want to have kids is so that they can try (and fail at) creating their own little version of what they think a perfect human being should be.

old people are so cool. One day an old guy came into work and started telling me nonsense stories in the stereotypical way.

"I used to play hockey. I was a goaltender back in 1914, course in those days we never had pads. we just taped books to our shins. and back then we didn't have pucks, we used to play with frozen horse turds. man those things would sting. and one day I was in a barn with water up to my knees, but my socks stayed dry. they don't make boots like they used to."

that's all true too.