Prometheon

The Random Fact Thread!

When short people are excessively aggressive it's often called the Napoleon Complex given that Napoleon was said to be short.  This is because his height is often misquoted as 5'2" in reality he was 5'6" which is slightly short by today's standards but considered average during his time.

i'm 5' 2" in reality.

weird.

I'm a foot taller than Meg. Fact.

You know what else this means? That if I could dunk, I'd be able to dunk over her.

Did you know The Wolf (radio station here) played Alabama Motel Room on Thursday night around 9:00? Weird.

The Zed/98.9 (radio station here) usually plays Matt Good 1-3 times a night... but only usually Time Bomb, Alert, oh be joyful, weapon... you know

i have never heard it on the radio.

back to the thread,.

101 Dalmatians and Peter Pan are the only two Disney cartoon features with both parents that are present and don't die throughout the movie.

pfft. i hate jap cars. i am an american/canadian muscle boy

i know dodge is not GM. i know everything about american cars. i was just saying that GM is the best.

Edited by Ryan44

The only reason those things sound like lawnmowers is because ghetto kids take four-cylinder engines designed for economy and remove the muffler, pathetically trying to turn them into performance cars. The Japanese make better sports cars than the Americans do. See: Miata v. Solstice, S2000 v. Crossfire, Lancer v. Focus, Skyline v. whatever pathetic substitute you care for. The only two cars I can think of without direct Japanese competition are the Corvette and the Viper, both of which could have their asses handed to them by the finer German and Italian brands.

i only like the corvette and the viper. pretty much in the way of american sports cars. oh i like the 69 mustang fastback. that is the only ford i like.

keep the german and italian brands outta this. they will kill both of us. i love ferraris and most of those types of things. so.....we are even. we each like different brands for good reasons. oh and im from alberta, so im a redneck. so i like muscle.

I will admit that Chevy makes a nice Z06. And considering the price of that thing, it blows the nearest German competitors out of the water for the amount of power it has. Although it probably wouldn't have the handling. American cars are designed by Americans, and American roads just don't have the extreme twists and turns that you'll find in Europe or Japan.

And I will always be a sophisticated European with a healty appreciation for the nimble handling the Japanese are putting out. Sooner or later, they're going to stop describing Japanese cars as having "European" handling and start describing European cars as having "Japanese" handling.