Who killed Kurt Cobain?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Who killed Kurt Cobain?

• Kurt Cobain
    • Courtney Love
    • I don't know
    • Other
    • Not this again!

So I recently read "Heavier than Heaven", a Kurt Cobain biography. I enjoyed the book a lot, but as I read it something was to be desired. There was so much detailed information that I felt I understand Kurt less than I had before I picked up the book, and I became suspicious of these interviews.The book contains information and quotes from over 400 interviews and reads more like a novel than a biography. In the second last chapter the author spells out kurts death like a fiction writer would at the ending of a tragic, trashy suspense novel. It's obviously a fictional recounting of events but it still makes me question the rest of the novel.

I read some reviews of the book and discovered rumors that much of it is just Courtney's version of events and is not well documented.

That lead me to read all the conspiracy theory shit I've scoffed at before and I was surprised to find that much of it answers questions I had about the book. It's easy to laugh at the consporacy considering Cobain became an ICON partly because of his depressed and anguished nature. But when I read the summaries of events I was surprised that there was NO INVESTIGATION.

I won't get into the details causeI've rambled too much, but here's the most prominent sites.

www.justiceforkurt.com

www.cobaincase.com

I could not care less. honestly. it was SO fucking long ago that it doesn't matter! Sure, Nirvana was pretty good but think abou tit, if they were still around now, they'd be a lot different and probably a lot shittier. it's a good things that it happened when it did.

I'll probably do that.

whether or not you guys "care", kurt revolutionized music and influenced artists for generations to come. this includes matt

i used to care about this and now i don't. but when i did, i read stuff and i still don't see why she would have him offed.

she's a crazy fuckin' bitch who was on heroin for much of 1994. she knew kurt was taking her out of his will and leaving her.

Edited by heyrabbit

i don't think it's that people don't care exactly, but there's so much information that could go either way and you'd have to do so much research (or have a bias) to even come to a conclusion. when it doesn't matter what you think anyways. not like you can charge her with murder..

kirk is a friend of garsk's and he was probably hoping he was dead instead of kurt. just kidding about the wishing he was dead thing...

p.s. sometimes my parents call me gurt because of a humourous anicdote from my youth.

Edited by Lauren

i dunno... these websites seem to be trying to pull a lot of information out of nothing.

i think that as long as kurt's parents are satisfied with the idea that he killed himself, there's no reason for an investigation.

whether or not he was killed makes no difference to us, the fans. his personal life does not belong to us beyond what he's revealed in his music, which is quite a lot in itself.

i accept that the man killed himself. a lot of people can't seem to do that because they feel they were robbed of a great thing. as a result, they justify his death by saying his life was taken by someone else, rather than by the man that they have so much respect and admiration for.

Courtney is a dirty old hag, and has gone completely insane by all accounts, if she did do it, she'll probably be living some personal nightmare for her lifetime, probably medicating it with those drugs she takes. Anyway, i dont know who killed Kurt Cobain but he's dead, and if it wasn't him who did such deathly deeds, he more then likely will never get "justice".

i think courtney had a hand in it, but that if she hadn't he woulda offed himself eventually anyway. pisses me off that cobain gets this much discussion, but that no one noticed when layne staley died.

damn, i couldnt agree more, the way layne died, and how know one found for that period of time. it's truely sad.

i dunno... these websites seem to be trying to pull a lot of information out of nothing.

i think that as long as kurt's parents are satisfied with the idea that he killed himself, there's no reason for an investigation.

whether or not he was killed makes no difference to us, the fans. his personal life does not belong to us beyond what he's revealed in his music, which is quite a lot in itself.

i accept that the man killed himself. a lot of people can't seem to do that because they feel they were robbed of a great thing. as a result, they justify his death by saying his life was taken by someone else, rather than by the man that they have so much respect and admiration for.

it's true to a point. these websites are totally sensational and self serving. But there's a significant list of questions.

there's the fact that he injected 3 times a lethal dose of heroin and had enough time to put his shit away and shoot himself. everyone's heard this one. I haven't heard anyone mention this, but earlier that year, or perhaps the year before, he injected less than that and went into the OD affects immediately . ( shaking then going unconscious )

Also, there's the guy who alleged he was offered 50 000 to kill Kurt and was found dead 3 months later. This guy doesn't look credible at all and I dont think it's much of a coincidence that he was found dead. but still, he passed a polygraph test

Like I said before, I didn't think anything of it until I read the book, (which is biased towards Courtney more than anything). It would make perfect sense if Kurt killed himself. I mean, in a song he recorded less than two weeks before his death he wrote:

Never speak a word again

I will crawl away for good

I will move away from here

You wont be afraid of fear

No thought was put in to this

I always knew it would come to this

It was society. Society is what kills all suiciders. When people get fed up with the crap they have to deal with they off themselves. Honestly, I think all people think about it once in their life. What does it matter that he may have or may not have killed himself. His music is still genious and inspires people to this day. Nuff said about that.