shade

Shade's Album Upload Topic

Ahhh Genghis Tron. Cloak of Love is awesome. Cape of Hate was cool for a stopgap, and Dead Mountain Mouth is fucking incredible.

I think their EPs are better than the Full Length Album.

Though the title track "dead mountain mouth" owns.

I think I downloaded it, but never listened to it. I'll definitely do that later.

P.S. I liked the first track off of the Pineapple Thief. I like the guys voice. I mean, I listen to Sunny Day Real Estate, so that guys voice is nice comparing the two ;)

Edited by soundless_space

two super awesome dave matthews live soundboard pulls, from the 'lost acoustics' 'album'. it's three cd's long, so i'm not posting the whole thing, but these are my two favorite tracks:

minarets and don't drink the water

minarets is way better than the album version. i'm not sure why the tracks are labeled dave matthews band cuz i'm almost positive it's only dave matthews and tim reynolds, but that's how they were when i got em.

Listened to Vic Ruggiero the other day... Great shit to just relax to... Makes awesome background music as well as good stuff to help you tune out all the other shit in life. I dig his voice.

Love are also really awesome. I don't have a lot of shit from the 60's and I put this album on on the way to work and it was just what I needed. Their lyrics are quite exceptional for the era I find and I love the horns on this album.

The Advantage kick ass. Fuckin' sweet Nintendo tracks.

Venetian Snares are insane! Daaaaamn! That's cool ass'd shit, man. Very unique sound but I really like what they do. I normally hate to use the word trippy but I really do find this stuff to be pretty fucked up. Thanks for sharing.

Already had the George Harrison album... It's pretty sweet.

Haven't had time to listen to the rest yet (also downloaded 16 other albums since isohunt came back up) but I've downloaded everything and will comment later. Thanks a lot shade and Chris for uploading, this is awesome stuff.

Just finished listening to the two Porcupine Tree albums. I'm very impressed. Somewhat heavy sound and nice lyrics.

EDIT: I just looked through my library and there's not a whole lot that I have that a lot of you guys may not have already... Not that hasn't been pushed before anyway.

Some East Coast rock...

Chucky Danger Band

Colour200.jpg

Edited by Monochrome Rainbow

I'm downloading it right now!

OH! I have Boys for Pele by Tori Amos. I've had it for awhile. It's a brilliant album. Same with To Venus and Back.

The thing about Tori Amos that I love is watching her perform live. Especially she is sitting on a piano bench with the piano bench between her legs and she is playing 2 pianos at once. She looks like she is orgasiming every single time she play. Serious.

Oh, and the song Past the Mission off of Under the Pink has Trent Reznor singing with her.

PORCUPINE TREE - STUPID DREAM

200px-Porcupine_tree_stupid_dream.jpg

Download.

Their best album in my opinion. Every track is good...though "Don't hate me" "A Smart Kid" "Stop Swimming" stand out.

If you didn't like the other Porcupine Tree stuff, still get this one...a very different sound.

Same goes for this one...

PORCUPINE TREE - LIGHTBULB SUN

lightbulbSun.jpeg

Download.

This one has the original "shesmovedon" on it, as well "The Rest will Flow" "Hatesong" are pretty killer.

The album finishes with one of the most depressing tracks...almost laughable it's sad..."Feel So Low"

More East Coast Rock...

In Flight Safety

inflightsafety2.jpg

Pretty solid album overall, last 3 tracks are all fantastic.

Joel Plaskett Emergency

jplaskette1.jpg

Feel good music to grove to. I love seeing these guys live.

Joel Plaskett

LaDeDa200.jpg

Newest Plaskett release. Not as groovy, a bit more mellow. Still has some strand-up tracks. Check out Natural Disaster, Non-Believer, Happen Now, and Television Set

Matt Mays + El Torpedo

g73896jintm.jpg

This album has been recommended a few times on the board with good reason. Check it out; Time of Your Life, What Will We Do Come The Month of September, Wicked Come Winter, Stand Down at Sundown are all wicked tracks.

Matt Mays

Album art below, I couldn't find anything on google images. ;)

Anyway, this is Matt Mays' latest, When The Angels Make Contact. This is his best release in my opinion, is the soundtrack for a movie that got shelved due to lack of cash to do the editing. Anyway, lots of different genres on this album, it's very diverse. Listen to Mornin' Sun, When The Angels Make Contact, Midnight Is The Time, J.J.'s Theme, Spoonful of Sugar, and Commando 850.

post-6-1171042770.jpg

TURN UP THE TUNAGE!!!! (More tunes)

Mozart

0724355784759.jpg

Not sure if that is album artwork for this collection but looks pretty sweet. I could never find it...

Anyway, it's Mozart so you know (or should) what you're getting. Put it on for background noise while reading a book, great for small get-togethers over coffee and stuff and it's just fuckin' awesome shit to sit back and absorb. I also know some guys that smoke dope and listen to it, whatever floats your boat.

Patrick Wolf

1083802015.jpeg

A friend of mine describes this as what Thom Yorke's solo album should have sounded like. Definitely seems like Yorke is a big influence. Check it out if you're into Radiohead, and it's more conventional than some Radiohead stuff too so check it out anyway if you're not a big Radiohead fan.

Sigur Ros

SigurRos.jpg

This is the first Sigur Ros album I bought, I heard a live version of track 7 and was instantly hooked. Check out tracks 2, 5, 6, and 7 for sure.

Edit: Broken image.

Edited by Monochrome Rainbow