shade

Shade's Album Upload Topic

Dang! Hooked up with a mustang, heard they nicknamed my thang, because of how tight my game is!

Hahaha, I don't know why I typed that and I can't believe I still remember it. Some crazy kid in high school used to think he was a wicked rapper with skillz. That was part of one of his freestyles. I'll see if I can dig out some stuff he recorded to upload. You guys will die of laughter.

i just looked through my whole collection. shade, i doubt i have anything you'd like that you haven't already heard. do you like miles davis? i've got a bunch of his albums in mp3, from before he got all weird. of course, you'd probably like his out there stuff more ;)

I don't have any Miles Davis for whatever reason.

My Favourite Jazz artists right now:

Max Roach

John Coltrane

Charles Mingus

Charlie Parker

Thelonious Monk

Louis Armstrong

John Zorn

etc

miles davis is the only jazz i have. i think charlie parker is listed pretty high on my 'favorite artists' list on last.fm, but that's only cuz i downloaded a ton of his stuff and listened to it this summer. i don't have it anymore. miles represents the whole genre for me, but he does it well. i have:

blue haze

dig

kind of blue (i've seen it cited all over as one of the most popular jazz albums of all time)

the musings of miles (i usually listen to this one)

four

'round about midnight

walkin

cookin

relaxin

workin

steamin

Edited by 13chris13

Pre-Punk Fest:

The Velvet Underground - The Velvet Underground & Nico

200px-Velvet_Underground_and_Nico.jpg

Doesn't get much better than this. Lou Reed's pop song writing combined with John Cale's avant-garde influence makes this quite the interesting album.

Listen to Venus in Furs...one of my favourite songs of all time.

Download.

Television - Marquee Moon

television-marquee_moon.jpg

Richard Hell's band (check out his album "Blank Generation" if you enjoy this one). There is lots of interesting guitar on this album...and the insanely catchy riff in the song "Marquee Moon".

Download.

Talking Heads - Talking Heads: 77

200px-Talking_Heads-77.gif

Fun Album. You all know the song Psycho Killer. The album is worth a listen.

Download.

The Stooges - The Stooges

cover.jpg

Early Iggy Pop...I wanna be your dog.

Download.

and...

Iggy Pop - Lust For Life

IggyPopLustForLife.jpg

You will know the song "Lust for Life" and "The Passenger"...pretty good album...recorded in Germany I believe.

Download.

Hey Shade (or anyone else).. got any albums that would work good in a gym/workout environment? Keep in mind, I hate most unnecessary screaming and metal. My gym song collection is severely lacking, and its a bit of a letdown when you hear Running for Home as you're busting your ass on the squat rack.

Thank ya sir! Much appreciated.