shade

Shade's Album Upload Topic

since i have nothing better to do than drink and listen to music, i uploaded this. it's the greatest live recording ever:

0a21b0d38ca54f6ba03a84057a2ae9dc.jpg

part 1

part 2

had to split it into two, cuz it's a monster recording. huge guitar jams, two drummers, harmonica, organ, soulful vocals...awesomeness. 5 of the songs are over ten minutes each. they played straight through till the morning on at least one of the nights (it was a two night gig). from a review on guitarzone.com:

"Wait ! it's 6 o' clock in the morning! And we've recorded it all! And you're in it and we're in it, and that will be our third album. Thank you ..."

Tired but happy, the guitarist leaves the stage. Less than 6 months later, he will leave this world, as he was run over by a truck while he was driving his Harley Davidson on a little road in the state of Georgia on Oct 29 1971 ... R.I.P Duane.

pluto.jpg

Pluto - Shake Hands With The Future

alright, maybe not as significant as The Allman Brothers Band or as critically acclaimed as the other albums posted on here, but Pluto remains, in my opinion, as one of the most criminally forgotten great Canadian acts of the past 20 years. ...and this, their last album, is an example of what great west coast pop/rock was in the 90's.

Shiri: Yeah, they expire after a week or something. I find uploading is faster and more reliable for me than YouSendIt is though.

Chris: Fuuuuck, man. I didn't even think about warning you, sorry. The vocals threw me off upon first listen too but I grew to enjoy it quite a bit. Sorry I didn't warn you... Downloading Allman Brothers now!

Chris #2: Thanks for the link, I've never really heard Pluto before... Downloading it now.

Shiri & Beth: Thanks for downloading, I love both of those albums. Glad you guys are enjoying it as well. I'll upload Mays' first album at some point, it is a lot more folky than these albums though.

shade: I'll see if I can find some shit you would really like when I get near my computer.

fuck! i was just about to go against my last post and put up two more albums, but i realized that i ripped them from the cds as ogg files and i don't have the cds anymore to rerip. i'm kinda pissed off that two of my favorite punk rock albums of all time, "all scratched up" and "punkrockacademyfightsong" by down by law, are still out of print on epitaph records. i don't know how these can be outta print! all the shit 'punk' bands out their and these two gems are unavailable. way to fucking go epitaph.

fuck it. i'm bored outta my mind. here's one more.

SME_0101_EK_041004.70Q_200x200_72dpi_RGB.jpg

time lapse consortium - live at the roxy

mike einziger from incubus' side project (also with ben and jose from incubus). it's kinda funk/jazz/surf(a little bit) big band. from mike (quoted on wikipedia):

"Time Lapse Consortium is an idea that had been swirling around in my brain for quite some time. For years I've been fascinated by the great bandleaders and arrangers of the 50's and 60's. People such as Quincy Jones, Esquivel, Sergio Mendes, etc.... With all of those instruments, it's like being able to paint a picture with many different colors. It's a very different experience from writing music for a standard rock and roll setup."