Matt

Barenaked Ladies Live

Anyone else see their show last night? It was pretty messed up like, well I'll have to explain this one to non-Vancouverites, but basically BC Place is right across from GM Place, and across from the two is a brand new Costco. So, in the middle of "If I had A $1 000 000" they sang "imagine a Costco across a street from a stadium where you could buy a stadium roof" or something along those lines. They talked about Jackass and ended up bringing Bill Vander Zalm into it calling it "Jackass 3 with Bill Vander Zalm", yes it was cheesy, but good cheese.

I want to cry.

I haven't missed a Barenaked Ladies concert here for 8 years...

I couldn't afford to go this year...

Did they have any new dance, other than the "Shopping" dance? Did they still do the One Week dance? I guess they still didn't bring back the Barenaked Rap either?

*sigh*

I want to cry.

I haven't missed a Barenaked Ladies concert here for 8 years...

I couldn't afford to go this year...

Did they have any new dance, other than the "Shopping" dance? Did they still do the One Week dance? I guess they still didn't bring back the Barenaked Rap either?

*sigh*

I don't think they even played "Shopping", but they played a lot of tunes. They did a rap cover of some rap 80's song though, but I can't remember the name of it. Steven Page was hopping around practically every chance he got, he even did a spiral and a kick to end "Too Little Too Late"... He did a lot of kicking during that song though for some reason. I don't really remember much of a dance for "One Week" though. They had a whole broadway type thing for one of the songs too, where they all danced together, but I can't remember which tune it was, it was funny though.

Oh yeah, they have the second CD for the two parts of their new album coming out tomorrow, "Barenaked Ladies Are Men". 12 of the 16 songs were on the deluxe edition of "Barenaked Ladies Are Me" though. They sold the second one at the show, and it's actually pretty good too in any event.

Yeah, did they do the One Week kiss, is what I was wondering

I heard they had a couple new dance routines, in addition to the "Shopping" Shopping cart dance...

I got the Deluxe addition awhile ago, to Barenaked Ladies are me, which included Barenaked Ladies Are Men

Steve does love to jump around ;)

"Barenaked Ladies Are Men" has four new songs on on the end actually. But I didn't see any kissing or anything. The one song where they did a whole dance together, Ed chases Steve around the stage and bashes his head into the piano, while Tyler is kicking Kevin on the ground, and at the end Steve breaks a bottle over Ed's head. The rest of the stuff was more just part of the song as a opposed to a whole band dancing...

Muran probably the best joke of the show was "Vancouver it's good to see that you guys finally opened up Stanley Park to logging, it was just a waste of space anyways!", or something along those lines. I was glad to see they played their cover of "Lovers In A Dangerous Time" in the second encore too actually. I was glad that it was a pretty varied setlist too. There was quite a bit new stuff, but they played about one to two songs from each of their other albums too.

Edited by Matt

They're playing here on my birthday but I've never really been a big fan, although I've never really listned to them. Is the show worth seeing to someone who doesn't know the material that well?

Yes. You WILL be entertained.

I second that.

Matt: haha Let me guess, Ed said that? Interesting that they did Lovers as an encore, usually it's Brian Wilson...Unless that was the first encore.

Lately (like the last few years) they've been trying to play some of their older, lesser known stuff, so that's nice to hear.

I like that you can purchase and download the concert of your choice now too. Perhaps I might just do that

Although, they are so much better to see in person. It's the hijinx that make it worth it.

1301261816_4ab1e6ced0.jpg

So, Yellow Pages had this 99 Years Thank You concert tonight, and my friend won 4 tickets to it, so seeing as I'm the hugest BNL fan in her circle friends, she took Kevin and I.

Jay Leno opened for them.

They were hilarious. Unfortunately, we didn't get the full BNL experience, as they only really only played upbeat singles. They opened with One Week, but didn't do the dance, but I was glad to have gotten to see the new Angry People dance (pictured above).

Lots of jokes about Yellow Pages (like people using "AAA" in their names so they can be first), being the designers for the new Canucks logo, how Jay Leno holds his mic way to far away from his mouth, and how Nickleback's pyrotechnics smell like farts (They had some sparklers during "Brian Wilson"). Amongst other things.

I had great seats too, row 3. ;)

Yeag, I'm a bit choked about the lack of favourites on my part, on their last 2-disc set. I do love "Adrift" though.

That's weird, nearly everytime I've seen them live (about 4 times), they've played Jane O.o

I was actually pretty happy they played a few old school songs like "Hello City" and "Grade 9".

That question made no sense?

Do you mean "Why the hell did they play Vancouver"?

Answer: Yellow Pages 99 Years Thank You concert

Do you mean "What the hell! Did they play Vancouver?"

Answer: Yes

Do you mean "When the hell did they play Vancouver?"

Answer: Last Saturday, September 1

Do you mean "Where the hell did they play Vancouver?"

Answer: At GM Place