HoboFactory

Mac Users

pwnage

So have you sat at your Local Starbucks with your iMac chatting to people yet supercanuk? lol

Whoah whoah guys, I have never, made fun of Mac users - I just never really used one. And now that I have, i am happy, it is not hypocritical ! IF you guys bought one then yes, you would be hypocrits, because you lament them so.

And no, i am still good old super - I don't, for starers lol, "chat" with anyone, unless you count MSN - in which case you all do it too. I hate starbucks for several reasons mostly for their terrible coffee, which is horribly overpriced and disgusting, I've only had it once in my first year of university, pre-mac days, and it was bitter and horrible. lol Timmies for me, or my own brand of delicious coffee bought at my local grocery store.

Get off your PC high horses you elitist bastards ;) hahahahahah

- But on another note, how goes that PC? enjoying the countless viruses?

Edited by supercanuk

Viruses? what's that? Haven't had one of those in a couple years...

By the way cool down your jets bud (just joking around)...I actually don't mind Macs, wouldn't mind owning a Macbook (whatever those laptops are called), just don't feel like spending the extra money for the Mac name right now when I can just format my computer with Linux and have the same style as a OS-X...or whatever it is...

The OS for Macs is based on the Unix BSD Kernel anyway...so yea, if I really want to be as secure as a Mac is I'd could just use Linux, and to play any game I wanted put a dual boot of some Windows OS on it as well.

Besides virus/virii (however it's spelled) are a thing of the past if you know what your doing.

EDIT: Some spelling

Edited by Azalroth

To each there own.

I haven't had any problems with my powerbook.

This is rather interesting though:

http://www.macintouch.com/reliability/laptops.html

http://www.pcworld.com/zoom?id=118514&page=5&zoomIdx=1

I'm interested in what you're particular defect is. That is, the one that you believe is a design flaw.

There's been more than one. First, the ethernet card failed and I got it repaired through an Apple authorized repair place. Secondly, my screen has cracked under conditions where Apple has simply plugged its ears and started screamin "Lalalalala I can't hear you accidental damage!". Now I've got this problem with the CD drive not being able to import CDs all the way before it freezes up. I'll have to look into it.

As for why I didn't answer, I didn't see your post. Obviously there was a reason the screen cracked and there was a very specific timeframe in which it happened, and I cannot think of a particularly hard bump or landing that it got. The initial crack was pretty small, but it has since grown (apparently glass will do that) and solution from behind the LCD has leaked out covering the screen in black splotches. Fun. The thing is, Apple wants to charge about 2/3rds the price of the initial machine to repair it, when the computer wouldn't be worth that much if it were in perfect condition right now. I've found places in the states that will do it for about half the price, and I've been trying to get an estimate on it from a place in Toronto.

Always a defective item in every bunch

We've been through that line of thinking, and there's no fucking excuse for accepting an ass-raping on a $1400 laptop just because the law of averages chose me to victimize.

some things just completely screw up, it happens. Nothing is ever perfect

EDIT: Your not the only one with probs, I've been with out a computer (laptop) since April 24th, and a month before that my laptop was in for repairs for 41 DAYS!!! And it is NOT a MAC...so like I said, these things happen.

Lemon

Edited by Azalroth

Mine...was still under warranty too. If Futureshit would just do their god damned job and fullfill the warranty to the fullest. Aka replace laptop...that'd be great. How they consider that a Laptop's AC adapter isn't a crucial part of the computer is beyond me.

Story from an acquaintance: after installina NOS kit in a Honda Odyssey and filling up the tank with propane, they tested out the NOS system on the highway and blew the piston clear through the hood.