everest

All Together

I was looking at the MG/MGB Song Elimination Tournament, and I was struck by the name "All Together". I don't think I've ever heard this song (can't remember it off of any of the pre-MGB stuff, nor the b-sides that I can remember. What is this song? Is there any story behind it (live shows only, matt was gonna put it on an album but hated the way it turned out, written for some particular reason)? I'm all ears.

Edited by everest

All Together was cut from The Audio of Being because Matt felt that "I, The Throw Away" delivered the message better.

The only place I know you can get it (legally I mean) was through iTunes. I don't know if it's still there but you got it free when you pre-ordered In a Coma from iTunes.

I think that it's a good thing that it was cut from Audio of Being, I doubt that it would have flowed well with the rest of the songs. Also, Pony Boy was a good cut too, 'cos it's very similar to Carmelina.

It really is a beautiful song. I had never heard it until recently. It's better than most of the songs on Audio of being, especially his voice.

I agree, Matt's vocals are very haunting on the song. The range of notes he hits, is amazing. Out of all the B-sides I have heard this one ranks as my favorite.