Crusader

Cloverfield

Popcorn is irrelevant. Point is, I'mma puke ;)

Stupid movie, trying to be edgy by using a shaky cam...

No one thought of the poor motion sick children...

Someone should have a telethon...

I know it's like Blair Witch. ;)

The only time I've *ever* had to leave a theater in the middle of a movie, is *that* stupid fucking Blair Witch movie.

I thought it was odd that, when I purchased the ticket for Blair Witch, the person warned us that it was "a bit shaky" and you "might get a little headache-y", and that "there are no refunds after 30 minutes into showtime."

Looking forward to seeing it. Sure the cam is shaky but it's something different for a change - "filmed from the perspective of a handcam" versus an all hero protagonist who always has his hand on things. Although, I admit the ending was rather sad, just by reading the synopsis...but again, unique. While the all-victory movie is fun, sometimes it's worth it to let the protagonist fail to add a story quality.

I mean, I understand it being shaky while running, but shaky while people are just talking or looking at pictures is kind of ridiculous.

Yeah. In some of the calmer moments, they do hold the camera at stange angles for no apparent reason. But that's pretty much my only complaint. It even had Paladin mobile artillery!

I can see that - like they're trying to "over-do" or "do it everywhere", even during moments where, considering you have the cam to begin with, you've probably figured out how to handle it flawlessly!

One of the producers "joked" (hinted?) at a sequel when asked, saying "It's not implausible other people were in the city, experiencing events from a different point of view, with their own cams."

Although..I do not think a sequel based on the SAME event would be that much of a success - how many of those millions who saw the movie saw it for the monster and how many saw it for what happened to the characters? I can see people responding, IF they do that, with:

"Same old story, just a different group getting thrown around and attacked."

Now, as long as Godzilla doesn't rise to war with the creature in Japan, we're safe.

I didn't particularly like this movie.

While the monster was cool (reminded me of Sin from Final Fantasy X if anyone knows that game) with the little creatures flying off of it (OOOH AND TANKS), it was unrealistic and the dialogue was horrible.

People don't just stand there when they see rats running away from something behind them in the dark. People (I don't care how much they love someone) are not going to run past a monster and then jump from crumbling building to crumbling building in order to retrieve someone. The person they "save," after being POLED in the chest and having it ripped out of them, is not going to be able to escape the downward sloping crumbling building, run, etc. Also, even the fact that the dumb shit was carrying the camera isn't plausible. If you're running for your life from a monster, are you going to bother with recording shit?

Additionally, while I did not see MONSTER (another large creature disaster movie), Cloverfield has the exact same premise (shaky camera and all) and is thus a copy.

As for the sequel, there is going to be one. The end of this movie has a hidden part in it, when it cuts back to the previously recorded outing of the girl and the boy at an amusement park. Something is falling into the water behind them and different sources state that it is either a. the monster falling from space b. a satellite from the Japanese firm the boy is about to work at, which in its fall arouses the monster from the ocean (which has a huge back story about different companies making shit which provokes the monster, so says producers and the like). There is also hidden dialogue at the end: the audio from the video camera says, "Help us!". But when played backwards, it says, "It's still alive!"

Despite all of that seemingly interesting stuff with the Japanese company and the fact that Cloverfield is a military codename for the video found in Central Park, the director's vision for the sequel (obviously pushed back from the Writer's Strike) is just to have it told from a different perspective of people in the city. Nothing new there...