sodamntired

This Isn't A Thread Yet?

That kinda shit has happened and happens and will happen all the time. As terrible as it is, it's fairly tame when you compare it to the atrocities that occur around the globe.

Pretentious statement aside, the decapitation bit is fairly badass.

This is just so ultra violent...being Psych major...I'd really like to know what they find out about the guy's mental state.

Me too. I'm not a psych major, but I am clinically depressed/bipolar, so my ears are glued, no mater how fucked up the case generally is.

When I go to bed every night, I always fall asleep to CBC Newsworld, and because my dreams can be so lucid, half the time what's on the TV feeds into whatever dream - the morning this was first reported, my dream was well graphic, and it's going to take a long time to really get it through my head that it really wasn't a dream. ;)

It's always interesting to find that, these random acts always turn out to have been preceeded by a number of telltale signs that the person's friends and family dismissed for one reason or another. Meaning a number of these types of things could have been prevented, just by some type of action.

I'm sorry Emily. Are the prescibed meds helping with any of that? My ex-wife had a similar issue with things she saw on TV impacting her dreams. I put a parental block on everything except the most innocuous things. While it didn't solve the problems completely, it did make a difference.

absolutely it does. you can bet that when this guy dies, there's going to be a bunch of behavioural scientists aching to pick apart his brain and see what's going on, and i can also guarantee that when he starts his psych evaluations, he'll be completely shut down and they won't get anything from him.

my point is that your comment is true for every family member or close friend of a murderer who can sit back, be honest with themselves and say: "oh, yeah... i thought he was kind of weird. i noticed some odd behaviour."

Edited by BOHICA

That's usually how it works. They'll offer the same so-so chemical imbalance theories...

I don't know maybe this guy will talk. The crime was pretty horrific, so I wonder if the gravity of it might not loosen his tongue a bit.

That's always the case. We may find that he had a hair trigger at home, or had been abused or bullied...

Edited by bishopx

I've avoided making a topic about this. Portage La Prairie isn't far from Winnipeg so we've been getting the full blast of the media frenzy.

This story is beyond fucked up. As far as anyone can tell, the attack was completely unprovoked. The killer had obviously been planning to kill someone, as evidenced by a few different factors.

-Told his boss he was going to Winnipeg for a job interview

-Told his wife he had a family emergency and had to go attend to it

-sold some of his belongings along the way, including his laptop to a 15 year old boy for $60 (I bet that kid has nightmares)

I think it is entirely likely that the victim was just chosen at random.

Also, lets not forget the people on the bus who are traumatized beyond belief, including a 5 and 11 year old. I don't even know how they can handle this. if he is deported, will he be executed upon returning to China (I think thats where he is from) because nothing that happens to him here will come close to what he deserves.

I hope the family sues them. While I eat meat, I am totally against animal testing, and I'm not a fan of furs. I did buy my Mother a Mink coat when I got my first bonus check at my first tech company. But you do that for your mom. Love means never having to say you're sorry that some poor animals were anally electricuted for your coat Mommy.

PETA went too far here, while I respect the goals, their means suck. This was callous and insensitive.