sodamntired

Stupid Shit You've Heard People Say

There's a guy in my class who has this funny (and annoying) need to be finished any assignment or test before anyone else. So every time we get a midterm back and you ask him his mark, it's easy to point out that the reason why your mark is 10% higher than his is because of the sloppy mistakes of working too fast. His response?

"Yeah, but I was finished before you."

I would pity his girlfriend if he had one and I wasn't so sure the guy was a virgin. It's become clear that this attitude carries into all aspects of his life.

i got outed as the Candian guy at my university in Minnesota. The questions I heard:

- Is it true that if you are an American and you're 18, they won't serve you beer in Canada?

- If me and my 3 girlfriends are walking down the streets of Winnipeg at night, are they going to arrest us for prostitution?

- Is weed legal in Canada?

- Do the strippers in Winnipeg take it ALL off?

haha that reminds me of the time that i was in detroit to see the smashing pumpkins and some guys were walking around gathering signatures for a petition to legalize weed. when they came up to us, we told them we were from canada and they were like, you alread have legalized weed!

but we don't ;)

i got outed as the Candian guy at my university in Minnesota. The questions I heard:

- Is it true that if you are an American and you're 18, they won't serve you beer in Canada?

- If me and my 3 girlfriends are walking down the streets of Winnipeg at night, are they going to arrest us for prostitution?

- Is weed legal in Canada?

- Do the strippers in Winnipeg take it ALL off?

1) no

2) no

3) no

4) yes... is that weird?

It's pretty early, but I gotta say I enjoyed that one.

Ahh, stupid shit... Context: sea-floor backbone cables are cut, causing massive internet latency to most of India, including some of our contractors. "Is there anything you can do to fix it?"

This thread just went into maximum laughter overdrive.

My Ex Girlfriend just asked me if I could fund her vacation trip to San Fran, since I had planned on taking her before we broke up, and had purchased the plain tix. I'm still fucking laughing.

It is considering that she just asked for a raise, complaining about money...and was trying to get them to fund her trip, by making a stop at the local seminary...and calling it a business trip.

Edited by bishopx