sodamntired

Did You Ever Ask Your Parents...

Where did I come from? This girl said, "i bet you asked your mom, 'mommy, where did I come from?'"

I thought....nope, I didn't. I never thought about that, I've just assumed, I've always been here, so why should I ask that?

the birds and the bees and the flowers and the trees. So did you remember asking your parents where you came from? When, If, Whif you have children, how will you tell your chilluns?

i found out from my older sister and my older female neighbours. my parents never censored anything from me, so i'm sure i picked it up from the media as well. i can't remember ever not knowing.

my mom gave me the official talk before i moved off to university. she was drunk and i hadn't been a virgin for 3 months.

My parents never talked to me about any of that.

My Mom didn't even talk to me about my period before it happenend. They didn't talk to us about that stuff in grade school until grade 7 so I had no idea what was going on. My Mom told me "one day if you start bleeding down there, come and get me."

i found out from my older sister and my older female neighbours. my parents never censored anything from me, so i'm sure i picked it up from the media as well. i can't remember ever not knowing.

my mom gave me the official talk before i moved off to university. she was drunk and i hadn't been a virgin for 3 months.

i remember you telling me about that!

my two male cousins, who were in their late teens and early twenties at the time, told me all details I needed to know... and probably a few more I didn't.

Yeah, I got that from my Stepfather...when I was about 12...definitely more than I really wanted to or needed to know.

The rest was on the job training when I was 14. As for my kids, now that I teach sex ed, I would have to say as soon as they start asking questions, will be the time for the discussion.

I remember sex ed from class. the teacher asked who is going to talk to their parents about what they learned today. everyone raised their hand, except me. the teacher asked me why not, I just said we don't really talk about that. heh, same class was just after the bombing of the WTC, not the plane attack(s) but the bombing, the teacher asked the class if everyone thinks they should put whoever did that the death penalty, again, everyone raised their hand, except me. The teacher asked me why I didn't think he should be given the death penalty, I said because that is too easy of an escape. He should have to suffer as a punishment. Some people agreed with me and also lowered their hands. Boy, I tell you what, I was a wise 6th grader.

i agree with you on the death penalty being an easy way out.

i also thing think that if they are going to hand out death as a penalty, it should be at least mildly painful... not a lethal drip of chemicals that quickly and efficiently shut down the body.

send them into cardiac arrest or make them die of withdrawal from a controlled substance. put all the seized heroin from the local drug community into his system at an alarming pace, then cut him off cold turkey... THEN he'll come face to face with the devil.

i agree with you on the death penalty being an easy way out.

i also thing think that if they are going to hand out death as a penalty, it should be at least mildly painful... not a lethal drip of chemicals that quickly and efficiently shut down the body.

send them into cardiac arrest or make them die of withdrawal from a controlled substance. put all the seized heroin from the local drug community into his system at an alarming pace, then cut him off cold turkey... THEN he'll come face to face with the devil.

you're not a liberal, are you?

The precept of the death penalty being just is inherently flawed. (Notice how I used pretentious words there?) The death penalty is merely legislated murder, giving the illusion to small minded fools that ending a life as punishment for a crime committed is reasonable. It says that the individual cannot kill in answer to a crime committed against them or someone they love, but it's A-Ok for authorities to end a life.

Regardless of someone's guilt or apparent level of heinousness of their crimes, doesn't mean that they should be killed to satiate some collective desire for revenge. Executions may be viewed - erroneously - as civilised in this day and age but they are merely a method of mob rule, a throw back to the days where a posse would gather up and string a man up to a tree.

The problem with capital punishment is that we suck at it. The Chinese have got it right.

Anyway. No, I never asked and was never told. I just sorta...picked it up. and what a stunning failure that has been, for the record.

Personally, I don't believe in hell, it's just a concept created by early religions to scare people into going to church, and emptying their wallets into the donation bins.

BUT there is a part of me that believes there is something. Hitler, Osama Bin Laden, Stallin, what does post death hold for them? "well, they will be reincarted for another life" nooopee....I don't like that. Personally, again, personally, I do see your punishment for living a life on sin, is you get sent back and have to live on earth all over again, because there is a lot of bullshit that we all have to live with. anyway, what was I talking about?

Personally, I don't believe in hell, it's just a concept created by early religions to scare people into going to church, and emptying their wallets into the donation bins.

BUT there is a part of me that believes there is something. Hitler, Osama Bin Laden, Stallin, what does post death hold for them? "well, they will be reincarted for another life" nooopee....I don't like that. Personally, again, personally, I do see your punishment for living a life on sin, is you get sent back and have to live on earth all over again, because there is a lot of bullshit that we all have to live with. anyway, what was I talking about?

it all comes down to religion, guys... and that's why nothing will ever be fully accepted or fully efficient.

osama ain't doing it for money or power.