sodamntired

Looking For A Pen Pal

sending e-mails instant messages LOLs and BRBs is fun, but I miss the act of sitting down at my desk with a pen and paper, writing out an actual letter or postcard and placing it in the mailbox, the excitement of getting a personal letter.

[hide_me]Chris Haugen

4816 15th Ave. SW

apt. 306

Fargo, ND 58103

USA[/hide_me]

Does anyone else want to do this with me?

Edited by Crusader

Let me rephrase, that...I would rather be doing other things than sending greeting cards, and signing them is a pain in the ass. So the receptionist has stamps with our names. Professional Greeting Cards are a pain in the ass.

Yep, I post on the bored, usually when I'm doing other things...Multitasking, I'm good like that.

from a professionalsl stand point, name stamps show a total lack of personalization and attention, which equates to poor business practise. If your going to go through the trouble of sending something (even to purvey the image that you care) the least you can do is sign it.

personally, if I think someone deserves a 'thank you' or a 'congrats' or what have you, i pick up the fucking phone. time is never an issue if you truly want to show appreciation.

i think a handwritten note is nice. since i'm sentimental and i save everything, i get more out of something handwritten than i do a phone call. because i can look at it for years to come and probably only remember the person that sent it because i have that note. except that hearing voices is nice. ok i would like a handwritten note and also a phone call please.

Holiday greeting cards(sending nearly 250) I use a stamp of my signature. I mean really...seems painless enough. Personally directed correspondence, cards etc. I sign, and usually type up myself.

And of course, phone calls are great. I personalize all of my introduction letters...so I cheat a little on mass mailings...

i think a handwritten note is nice. since i'm sentimental and i save everything, i get more out of something handwritten than i do a phone call. because i can look at it for years to come and probably only remember the person that sent it because i have that note. except that hearing voices is nice. ok i would like a handwritten note and also a phone call please.

i choose phone calls because it's interactive instead of one sided.

sure, a note is nice, but a phone call allows you the opportunity to express your true feelings through conversation.

my argument still stands: if you want to come off as though you care enough to send a holiday card, sign it. people aren't stupid. they see a fucking card with a stamp on it and say "wow, i'm one of x number of people automatically generated by a database. merry christmas to you too, CHARLES L. WHATEVERYOURNAMEIS"

Personally I prefer phone calls, meets for java, buying them a drink etc...

geez...it's my bloody signature for crying out loud...I do add the odd personal comment here or there...If VP Bob BLABLA sees my unique signature in the card, then we're good...If I wish him, Barb, and the kids a happy festive season...or mention the bear and the rabbit joke, or say I'm sorry to hear that he got caught with that male prostitute...it's personal enough. If I invite him to the office for a FG and Water, then better on him.

Edited by bishopx

Personally I prefer phone calls, meets for java, buying them a drink etc...

geez...it's my bloody signature for crying out loud...I do add the odd personal comment here or there...If VP Bob BLABLA sees my unique signature in the card, then we're good...If I wish him, Barb, and the kids a happy festive season...or mention the bear and the rabbit joke, or say I'm sorry to hear that he got caught with that male prostitute...it's personal enough. If I invite him to the office for a FG and Water, then better on him.

signatures mean everything in the business world.

(thats why we use them to agree to stuff)

I'd just like to say that this is the gayest topic title I've seen since "Looking for a partner who will give it to me in the ass."

If memory serves, sodamn started that one too...

I mean really, a PEN PAL? Fuck man.

Edited by Prometheon

I'd just like to say that this is the gayest topic title I've seen since "Looking for a partner who will give it to me in the ass."

this out of character vicious burst of painful truth has made me momentarily hot for you, sir.

kudos.

ahem, i believe it was

Looking For A GUY to Suck My Dick.

research people