madeforburning

Favorite Live Moment

I've only seen him live once, but I've got to say that 'Blue Skies Over Bad Lands' is totally awesome done live. When he was talking about the America's Army video game and the 'safety guarder' guy or whatever it was called was pretty funny too. 'Can't Get Shot In The Back If You Don't Run' when he talked about the arms trade, and 'Empty Road' with a full backing band were pretty good, too. I also loved the energy of 'In Love With A Bad Idead' and 'Put Out Your Lights'. 'Hello Time Bomb' was when he stopped to yell at the moshers....

I saw him at the calgary stampede once... and at the begging of the consert he said that insted of swearing and faceing city fines he gave a couple thousand dollars to amnesty international... and then at the end of the consert he swore anyway! it ruled

maybe im the only one that thinks so...

I also like it when he played apparations acousticly and when he played generation x-wing

Solo Apparitions. Gets me everytime. It's incredible live and even more breathtaking without the band. I hope and pray he stops playing Hello Time Bomb and Load me up sometime in the near future though.

The last time I went and saw him my favorite moments were:

1) I agree about apparitions live - his voice sounds so amazing

2) When the FX for the beginning of near fantastica came on, I got so excited because I adore that song

3) In "Avalanche" when he sings aaaaaaaaavalanche. His voice sounds even better live then on the recording (and I didn't think that was possible

I saw MGB in Vancouver in 2001 and they did 'Flashdance II' and it was almost magical... I don't know how else to describe it. And when I saw Matt solo in Montreal last year, he did this crazy version of '21st Century Living' with this french dialogue that kicked ass.

-Michelle-

I saw him in St. Catharines last July at Arizona's. The show was an open-air show where pretty much anyone could have not paid for a ticket and watched from beyond the fences, the highway, or even the golf course across the road. During Avalanche he stepped down from the stage and played from the middle of the street. That was memorable. He sure did take an awfully long time to go on stage, though. I had to leave early to drive back to NYC that night so my fiance could take her final... What a week...

I've never seen him but I've downloaded lots of his concerts from the Hub and right now, one of the best live moments is when he plays "blue skies over band lands"... it sends shivers down my spine anytime I hear that song live...

I've seen him 5 times and all 5 have been awesome, but a couple of moments stand out for no real reason, they just do.

1. During the last ever MGB show in July 2001 in Vancouver they played a 'new' song... it was Fall Of Man... and i always remember it sounding amazing and there were several HUGE crowd surges during the song... one of those ones where it seems like the entire crowd is moving at the same time.

2. Last summer at my most recent Matt Good show he debuted Its Been Awhile Since I Was Your Man and i happened to be at the show with an ex-girlfriend (we're still friends) but it felt kinda wierd listening to him play it while standing next to her. :angry: I also remember really liking the "listening to Led Zeppelin 4" line because it is one of my favorite albums. ;)