Devil On Rollerskates

Who Do You Think Is The Most Talented Musician?

Who do you think is the most talented?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think is the most talented?

• Geoff Lloyd
    • Rich Priske
    • Dave Genn
    • Christian Thor Valdson
    • Ian Browne
    • Pat Steward

Well we actually helped write basically every MGB song, with the exception of LOTGA. Hes one of the few people i can think of that would always be doing something different on guitar than the other guitarist, always with little riffs and what not. he was amazing

Amen to that, I don't think the other guys compare to Dave Genn... he's up on a higher plain..... probably just below Matt's abilities... although Matt can sing more efficiently... as well as play instruments... I still think Dave Genn was an important element of the band.. they're just not the same anymore, but with that being said... they're still just as good... just in different ways... Matt Good has matured and writes better music now... I think... more variety... more meaning.... more instrumentation.... agree?

Dave is awesome, although I went with Geoff Lloyd. That man is a helluva bassist.

In the 'AoB' liner notes, I think that "Bridgeburner Music" refers to Dave, and he only helped write 3 songs on that ('Fall Of Man', 'Under The Influence', and I think 'Truffle Pigs').

Dave was the Edge to Matt's Bono, or the Marr to his Morrisey.

As far as song credits for Audio Of Being, i believe that "Tripoli" was written by Matthew Good, "The Fall of Man" and "Under The Influence" was written by Matthe Good, Dave Genn, Rich Priske, and Ian Browne, and the rest was Matthew Good/Dave Genn.

I'd say Dave Genn is the best period, out of everyone that has played in the "Matthew Good Band" or "Matthew Good" solo. I don't like how Pat Steward's drumming is in "Matthew Good", it was better on the new album, but I think between the couple "Odds" CDs and "Limblifter"'s "I/O", he's done way better work else where.