Dan #1

Cover by MG

You're right, I remember we talked about it but I can't seem to find the thread either. My bad.

Well, this thread HAS been bumped two or three times, so maybe that's part of it?

But getting back to the topic at hand...

Subterranean Homesick Blues - Bob Dylan

Pink Moon or Poor Boy - Nick Drake

Wish You Were Here - Pink Floyd

No Surprises, How To Disappear Completely, High and Dry - Radiohead

A Boy Named Sue, Man In Black - Johnny Cash

The list goes on.

I like "The Same Deep Water As You" and "Disintegration" By the Cure. My first band to play live on stage(nearly 20 years ago) was a Cure cover band.

The Sting/Police ideas are really cool. "Roxanne", "Can't Stand Losing You" and "Don't Stand So Close"(Done more like the "86" version) would rock. I think that Matt could do a far better job on a "Little Wing" cover than Sting did. Maybe as a duet with Holly McNarland.

I saw the Catherine Wheel suggestion, I think Matt would absolutely dominate with "Black Metallic" either electric or accoustic.

Matt has proven his versatility time and time again. I don't think there isn't much he can't do, if the feeling is write.

As a totally off the wall cover, I think "Run To You" By Bryan Adams would be pretty interesting. (Showing my age big time there)

As a totally off the wall cover, I think "Run To You" By Bryan Adams would be pretty interesting. (Showing my age big time there)

MGB soundchecked that on the first Going Coastal/MuchWest special when they were on the island. In all likelihood, that's as close as Matthew'll get. ;)

Good to know about the Bryan Adams cover. I like the Pink Floyd cover idea...I think Comfortably Numb, electric would be bombastic.

Dave Matthews covers would be kewl too...The Stone would kick ass.

Edited by bishopx

Change in the House of Flies by Deftones. The music is similar to his style but his vocals could make the song even better.

i was thinking of that song too!

someone also suggested "round here" by the counting crows. that would be really interesting! i would love to hear matt sing that song...