supercanuk

Terri Schiavo Dead.

Terri Schiavo is dead.. maybe the circus of this entire event will finally be over and this women and her family can find some sort of peace. They keep saying this is a sad day for Schiavo but i think the politicians who are making this into such a political fiasco are the ones really sad. Mainly becuase they cant use this to advance their careers anymore. They love to ignore that this happens every year in the thoughsands, and nobody says a word. This isnt to say that I wanted Schiavo to have her life services put back in either, its just the hypocrisy of the politicians that is sickening. None of these people really even knew her and they completely disregarded years of letigation. Basically this is just another avenue for the religious right to asert there claws deeper into American society. I guess there is no longer the seperation between church and state. This is turning into a rant quickly which i could go on for years about, but anyway whats done is done. I guess we'll all have our own opinions about this issue.

I doubt this is the last of it, unfortunately. There is still the autopsy, which will be scrutinized greatly, as well as the fight over what to do with her remains. He wants her cremated, they do not.

I also await the day their first lawsuit is filed.

While I agree fully it was time to let her die. I just have 1 comment to make on the whole situation. Well more an allusion.

You have a dog, who is very sick, and in a lot of pain so do you either:

A) Starve it till it dies?

B ) Take it to the vet and have it put to sleep?

Oh btw I'm in favour of legalized eunthisa

The one good thing that will come out of this, is I think more people will have living wills now. I know I've let my family know that I wouldn't want to live like that.

*edit* stupid B)

Edited by calgarydave

Is a living will something that declares what you want done with your remains, and what happens if you end up in a vegetive state?

Saturnine, i love you like a fat kid loves cake.

I blame Mary Antoinette.

I was going to make that my signature the other day, they've been playing that lyric in a commercial somewhere, and then you mentioned it.

If you commision a study, use taxpayer money, and it can't be under $100 000. Do it the Bernard Lord way.

american news is so ironic. it's always focused on tiny little specific hollywood style affairs that have little relevance to the huge problems which can be shed light uppon with all the wasted airtime... why!?... WHY does that sell so well in the USA??? I don't understand it, but then again the only states I've been to are Vermont, Utah and Colorado... which aren't exactly mainstream states... some of their news is actually pretty cool (not central Colorado, I'm talkin Boulder baby!)

Ahhh hollywood does a lot of things, the thing is, we starve people to death everyday, its passive euthanaisa and apparently they dont feel any pain after the first three days? i guess endorphines kick in, im not here to debate this cuase i dont know it for fact just something i heard by and by. But back to pressing matteres we need to take back the word twenty,Back in 19-Dickity-Two, We couldnt say twenty 'cause the Kiaser stole it. I chased him Dickity Six miles and only ended up with getting lost before dixity seven miles. ;)

I don't agree or disagree with Shiavo being euthanized, but I do disagree with the starvation/dehydration until death.  I thought we had an Enlightenment for a reason.

I'd say write to your hospitals and congressman or MP if your against it becuase all hospitals do it. Thousands like her in her condiditon die every year, its quite commonplace.

Edited by supercanuk

Personally I believe that this whole fiasco around Terry Shiavo is something that has been completely overblown.

I think that Matt put it perfectly on his blog when he said that it is none of his business. Because this isn't our business at all. It's the families decision. I fully agree with the fact that it is none of our business. It is not your place to have had a position on this unless you're part of the family, or a family friend.

I said this in my Social Studies class. And the debate ended. I think everyone, including my teacher, got the point. People were debating so fiercly over their positions, but I think that once they realized and understood what I said. They shutup.

Personally, I am glad that this whole media frenzy is over. And hopefully she's moved onto a better place than here.

They keep saying this is a sad day for Schiavo but i think the politicians who are making this into such a political fiasco are the ones really sad. Mainly becuase they cant use this to advance their careers anymore. They love to ignore that this happens every year in the thoughsands, and nobody says a word.

I think that it's actually hurting their careers more than advancing them. Polls show that about 70% of Americans think it was completely inappropriate of the politicians to get involved in this, and that the government shouldn't be involving themselves in the personal affairs of this family.

They keep saying this is a sad day for Schiavo but i think the politicians who are making this into such a political fiasco are the ones really sad. Mainly becuase they cant use this to advance their careers anymore. They love to ignore that this happens every year in the thoughsands, and nobody says a word.

I think that it's actually hurting their careers more than advancing them. Polls show that about 70% of Americans think it was completely inappropriate of the politicians to get involved in this, and that the government shouldn't be involving themselves in the personal affairs of this family.

Although Americans are disagreeing with this one case, they will soon forget that they are angry and this only furthers the right wing religious claws into the country. Thats how i meant its advancing their careers, like what they want to do with the country which is kinda a step backward. There is no division between church and state with these types in power.

Yeah, the people who are the angriest over the government's intervention probably won't remember Terri Schiavo come November 2006, despite the fact that a Time poll shows that 54% of respondents say that if their member of Congress voted to move the case to the federal courts, then they'd be more likely to vote against them.

(btw, I'm well aware of some of the faults of citing polls, and only one poll at that ;) )