Maverick

Ubc

Hmm, I'll try my best to list all the songs they played. They opened with Giant, complete with cheerleader chant. The rest are in no particular order (and sorry if I give one or two wrong songs) Weapon, Poor Man's Grey, Everything is Automatic, Load Me Up, Alert Status Red, In a World Called Catastrophe, Carmelina and for the encore, they played two new songs: one upbeat rocker with lyrics like "lost...control", and a slower one which I had trouble making out the lyrics to as well. Sound quality wasn't all that good but we're dealing with Thunderbird stadium here. hard to say what the group dynamics are with Ryan and Meeghan (bad spelling) in the mix. Most of the material was played straight on, not much in matter of solos or alternative versions of songs. Great weather but of course some people pissed on Matt.

Shoes and bottle and other items galore were thrown on stage and many were aiming for the band members. Ryan took it lightly and asked if people were going to chuck shoes on stage to at least throw out a whole pair so he could score some good shoes. Matt was annoyed and told the crowd that he wasn't here to dodge shoes and almost walked off and stopped playing. Luckily he didn't which would have sucked 'cause we would have missed the new material.

there's my two cents on the show. Makes me want another Commodore show soon.

Well, you can tell he cut his set short. He played for about an hour, or even less. And thats including the time that he left the stage after Carmelina.

At first, Matt took it light as well, "...But now you have no shoes!" but even after he was pissed and told everyone to stop, they just kept on throwing. I mean, really. SHOES?

It was stupid but it was funny. A lot of douche bags in the mosh pit this time around.

Really enjoyed K-Os and I thought that Meegee and Ryan did a good job.

I think the other new song was called "Details"? I'll try and get more information,

it could have been my friends shoe that was thrown on stage cause he lost one in the mosh pit.

im pretty sure he didnt throw it, but it was hilarious when he freaked out.

crusader: can you put the two new songs up for download?

i cant fucking believe the ppl at UBC for that, i was so pissed off they were throwing shit at him. did anyone see him get one in the back? if i could appologize for all the idiots at UBC i would. I went to that damn show for metric and MATT GOOD, now matts all pissed off but im still happy he played, thanks very much for that, i enjoyed what he did play. but for fuck sakes people show some god damn respect, throwing SHOES? grrr...i just wanted to start punching people. metric had a really good set and i was happy with the way they played, and as for k-os...he just wouldnt gtfoff the stage. ;)

Edited by solidus

it could have been my friends shoe that was thrown on stage cause he lost one in the mosh pit.

im pretty sure he didnt throw it, but it was hilarious when he freaked out.

crusader: can you put the two new songs up for download?

They were only 30 second clips and it seems my phone didn't record them very well. I just yanked out my phone when I heard new songs and Matt yelling at the crowd heh.

They were only 30 second clips and it seems my phone didn't record them very well. I just yanked out my phone when I heard new songs and Matt yelling at the crowd heh.

Crusader I think you should post them anyway... I'm so very bored.

as idiotic as throwing all that shit is...when you have an event that is called "an experiment in crowd control" that serves alcohol, that is at the end of the school year...what do you expect? not saying that it is right.. just saying don't ask so surprised.

To sum up what he said was;

Fuck you guys, I came here to play my guitar not have to dodge shit. Highley educated, my ass.

Thats all I remeber. Okay, I was up front center and I saw everything from cups, jack bottles, underwear, bras, shoes(where a big one) shirts, purses..some lady behind me grabbed her purse and thew it, but the security guard caught it.

In Napoleon Dynamites words; Fucking Idiot(s)

The "highly educated" comment was quite funny. I can understand him being upset on one hand and on the other, at festivals, its impossible to stop this sort of stuff from happening. 15 000 people in an open mud soaked field with the sun on their faces and beer in their stomachs. The only part that annoyed me was the people trying to start fights.

Many times people throw the shoes to the front they find as a lost and found method, its worked in the past when I lost a shoe at a show, so thats all good. Punching people in the back of the head is a fucking pain though. I've got a lump on the back of myhead and the guy who did it has a bloody nose for his galiant efforts at being an ass.