heyrabbit

New Silverchair Album In 06?

Diorama > Frogstomp > Neon Ballroom >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Freak Show shouldn't even exist.

Also, from what I've read (like, months ago, so this may have changed), but Silverchair are obligated to make one more album, and this is it. Something about Daniel going solo, or make the Dissociatives a full-time gig.

He had both.

I for one really liked Diorama, I liked it so much that even though I downloaded the entire album first, i went out and bought it. Frogstomp is my least favourite album by them, albeit still good. I keep meaning to hear the dissociatives, but Im lazy. Im looking forward to the new album though.

I used to like them quite a lot, I have all of their albums. But I don't like Diorama and then I sort of stopped listneing to them. My favorite album of theirs is Neon Ballroom. I hope their new album won't be like Diorama, perhaps then I'll give them a second chance.

i, too, hope they go back in time to 1997 and record a good album.

exactly what i was thinking. they really started going downhill with neon ballroom. other than anthem for the year 2000 and spawn again (which friggin rocks) the rest of the tracks did nothing for me. i just plain refused to listen to diorama...

Wrong. The first albums are typical, angry post-grunge; nothing special. Neon Ballroom is my personal favourite with the brilliant "Emotion Sickness", "Paint Pastell Princess" & "Steam Will Rise" AND Diorama was fucking fantastic. GONE are all the angsty rock, IN is a beautiful rock-opera with uplifting positive lyrics for once. UPLIFTING & POSITIVE lyrics; something that needed to be changed.

A mesmorizing move for the band; I feel bad that people can't appreciate what they've become right now--and I laugh at you people. "Tune In The Brine", "Luv Your Life", "Across The Night"...wow.

neon ballroom was great... first album had a couple good songs... diorama you had to be open to to enjoy at all... but did have a few rather bad tracks... as far as freakshow goes... well it had its moments... however if i ever hear cemetary again i'll probably chuck a random blunt object and hit the nearest defenseless squirrel....

Hehe, actually, I listened to Silverchair yesterday after not doing so for a very long time. I listened to Neon Ballroom which was always my favorite and Freak Show. Freak Show is a total teenage-angst album and is very good if you're a pissed off but after you grow up, it sort of loses its appeal. It's not very deep or meaningful.

Diorama I didnt mind much I actually liked it. I hate when a band sticks to the same formula of bratty kids thrashing out and not ever maturing....ever....god damn green day.... neon ballroom I think was a good step to the maturing but Diorama I think really showed the eclectic range of the band....

on the other hand I know why people are disapointed... they get used to one thing and when it changes its disapointing cause you feel like they copped out but i dunno I say more power to em..... I mean where would we be if Matt Good made songs like Rico for the rest of his career.

man too many ahters out here.

diorama IMO was silvershairs best alubm. and the disociatives, was a great escape from all of that, and a really intriguing for of music that not many make.

its funny when MG goes all experimental and goes in a differnt direction its hard for many of us to take out lips of his ass. however when someone else does it we brand it crap right away.

for the record avalanch was BY FAR his worst album. maybe in 10 years you will realize the same,