Shiri

What Was The Last Movie You Saw?

Aw man! I don't know why I haven't done this before. I love the Evil Dead films and have seen the musical about a half a dozen times!

The musical was in Vegas for a long time but I didn't go. Me and my friend really love the movie series but times just never added up so we could go together. Oh well. I really want to pay for Showtime so I can see the Tv series they have going now. I hear it's pretty awesome.

But back on topic, I recently watched Raiders of the Lost Ark since my wife said she never seen any Indian Jones movie... which I just couldn't believe. So I had to fix that.

Watched The Overnight over the weekend.

It's about a couple (Adam Scott and Taylor something from Orange is the New Black) who move to a new neighbourhood and meet another couple (Jason Schwartzman) who they spend an evening with.  

It looked pretty good from the previews, but it ended up not being that great.  Starts out good, finishes weird.  It's on Nexflix now.

Guest Idioteque

I've been cringing at the sudden popularity of comic book movies so I've avoided all of them, but I finally decided to sit down & watch Guardians Of The Galaxy.
Such a good movie. I love Chris Pratt. The guy needs to be the next Indiana Jones or Han Solo. 

I watched "The Island" on Netflix last week. I missed it when it originally came out; decent concept, show like a classic Michael Bay movie ... pretty good overall. I was surprised, because they're dealing with some pretty high level dystopia stuff to begin with. 7/10

The last film I saw in theatres was The Revenant. It is beautifully shot, well acted, beautifully shot, harrowing, and beautifully shot. 9/10

My friend bought me "Trainwreck" as a 'Galentine's Day' gift last weekend.  I was so f-ing funny that I had to periodically stop to let my laughter die down, and then rewind to pick up the pieces I missed during the gale force laughter:  I had to do this 3 times in the first 5 minutes alone.  That is some funny s*#t!  I truly love John Cena in this movie:  I love the WWE, and can't fathom anyone else playing that role so perfectly. 

Over the holidays, I saw the last Hunger Games (which was awesome), and the new Star Wars (also awesome).

I am dying to see Zoolander 2:  has anyone seen it yet?  I loved the first one, and have been waiting years for this one to come out.

Shay and I saw The Witch last weekend and it was awesome. It reminded a lot of "It Follows" (which was my third favorite 2015 movie) in the sense that there's just a pervasive sense of dread throughout the whole thing. Great visuals, great acting, creepy soundtrack. If you like slow burn horror type movies, see it!

10 Cloverfield Lane was the most recent I saw in the theater and it was fantastic. Between it and the Witch, that's 2 movies this year with limited cast/locations that just absolutely nail it. 

I watched Martyrs today for the first time in about 5 years, and holy fuck that movie does not get any easier to watch.

Project Almanac was very disjointed as a film, even if it was a very novel concept and had cool parts. I liked it more when they were discovering paradoxes rather than the neatly tied up movie mentioned above.  7/10

Want to see 10 Cloverfield Lane a bunch, but the last film I watches was Spy. I thought it was going to be a generic comedy, and for the first half it was - but after Melissa McCarthy commits to her inner IDGAF it's actually pretty hysterical. Rose Byrne is pretty on point, too.

8.5/10

I watched the movie "Burnt" with Bradley Cooper a few days ago.  It's carries with it an interesting look at fine dining restaurant culture & addiction.  While it is built of hyperbole:  the situations ring as quite hollywood (tied up in neat little knots by the end of the movie), I really appreciated some of the performances of the actors.  It was entertaining, and hunger inspiring at the same time!