Shiri

What Was The Last Movie You Saw?

I have completed my American Pie Odyssey...culminating with

American Pie Presents: Beta House...

Notable for the abundance of hooties, and not much else...as with each of the three American Pie Presents films, Mr. Levinstein(Eugene Levy) is the funniest part.

Max Payne.

Worst movie I've seen this year. And the worst part? It had the potential to be so much more. They were gift wrapped a dark noirish script coming straight out of the game, and they completely butchered it. Mark Wahlberg mails in ANOTHER performance. Did the same thing in The Happening. He ALWAYS has the same look on his face.

And they set it up for a sequel? I pray that they get someone else to do it...

You know, I liked Max Payne....It could have been so much more. It had the potential to really be something special. Like Doom. Doom could have been so Bad Ass...but the script was just too fucking lame.

In both cases, it was like the writers had no real concept of the games. The upside for Doom, was that Dwayne Johnson, did a great job...he just didn't have shit to work with. I'm going to put Max Payne in the lab(My movie thread, and to make it cooler)

I really do like Mark Wahlberg. He has this weird thing about...doing a fucking awesome movie...and then sending a mannequin in to do his next one.

He has this gift which, he shows in the Departed, The Big Hit, Four Brothers, Three Kings, and then you see Max Payne, The Happening and Planet of the Apes...and it's like...is this the same guy?

I definitely liked the action...but you had all of this emotional content, that he just chewed his way through...which he didn't do in Four Brothers, which I think is probably one of his finest moments on film.

Oh yeah, I watched Mary Poppins with the 4 year old last night.

Edited by bishopx

Max Payne.

Worst movie I've seen this year. And the worst part? It had the potential to be so much more. They were gift wrapped a dark noirish script coming straight out of the game, and they completely butchered it. Mark Wahlberg mails in ANOTHER performance. Did the same thing in The Happening. He ALWAYS has the same look on his face.

And they set it up for a sequel? I pray that they get someone else to do it...

That's such a shame, I had high expectations because it was one of the only games that after I beat it, I felt the need to tell people about what had happened.

That's such a shame, I had high expectations because it was one of the only games that after I beat it, I felt the need to tell people about what had happened.

Max Payne was a pretty fabulous game. I made the mistake of buying the PS2 version of Max Payne 2, which was a choppy mess with a horrendous frame rate ;)