Shiri

What Was The Last Movie You Saw?

Finally watched Pan's Labyrinth. Different that i expected, a lot more story about the "Captian" and & Spanish civil war crap and less fantasy than i would have liked.

Cool movie, very well acted, but it dragged. How the hell is this movie ranked #61 all-time on IMDB.com?(high than Terminator 2 & Wizard of Oz!!)

my rating: 3.5 Stars, or 7.5/10

P.S. The X-Men movies were ok, pretty cool but for some reason didn't live up to everything. And in X3 why did they have that no-name character "Pyro"??? Why not put a cool badguy character from the comics in there instead??? Like Mr. Sinister or something. Stupid!!

Edited by Moonlight_Graham

P.S. The X-Men movies were ok, pretty cool but for some reason didn't live up to everything.  And in X3 why did they have that no-name character "Pyro"???  Why not put a cool badguy character from the comics in there instead???  Like Mr. Sinister or something.  Stupid!!

Actually, while Pyro is not Mr. Sinister...he is a long standing member of the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants not a no name charactor, and his presense bothered me more because of the lack of other regular brotherhood members, such as Blob, and Toad. The whole random evil mutant thing has always been a sore spot for me.

Edited by bishopx

Actually, while Pyro is not Mr. Sinister...he is a long standing member of the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants not a no name charactor, and his presense bothered me more because of the lack of other regular brotherhood members, such as Blob, and Toad. The whole random evil mutant thing has always been a sore spot for me.

Well Toad was in the movies.

There are so many mutants in the x-universe, that they obviously had to narrow it down.

And also, mr. sinister would have been too much for a movie that already had magneto and dark phoenix.

Well Toad was in the movies.

There are so many mutants in the x-universe, that they obviously had to narrow it down.

And also, mr. sinister would have been too much for a movie that already had magneto and dark phoenix. I agree that the Sinister would have been overkill...unless the played it close to the vest, and just had him lucking in the shadows manipulating everyone else.

I know Toad was in the movies...but I meant in the traditional brotherhood, as depicted in the earlier X-books. You know, Blob, Toad, Pyro.

I agree that the Sinister would have been overkill...unless the played it close to the vest, and just had him lurking in the shadows manipulating everyone else. Setting up for what would have been an impressive 4th movie, this would have been a perfect segue into the mutant massacre, and the introduction of the Marauders, more formidable foes for the X-Men. This also would have been a perfect showplace for Wolverine's true viciousness, Storm finally getting angry, and a perfect chance to introduce more X-Men. I swear one thing that truly bothered me from beginning to end here, was the fact that the only adult freaking X-Men, were Storm, Wolvie, Jean, Scott, and Henry...

Charles, I hate to tell you this but they could never put the Brotherhood into an X-movie and I'll tell you why. As soon as Blob showed up, the shit would hit the fan and some kind of "fat pride" group would come out and bitch to the mainstream media about how "The character "Blob" is an unfair depiction of fat people in America! It is prejudiced and a hurtful stereotype" blah blah blah.

You think I'm being ridiculous but remember when the Da Vinci came out and the albinos were mad that there was an albino villain? same type of thing.

Pineapple Express.

I laughed. I cried['cos I was laughing hard]. I pissed myself a little. My favourite scene in the movie is at the end, with the three dudes sitting in the coffee shoppe talking about all the crazy shit that happened.

I highly recommend this flick. [omg pun]

Charles, I hate to tell you this but they could never put the Brotherhood into an X-movie and I'll tell you why. As soon as Blob showed up, the shit would hit the fan and some kind of "fat pride" group would come out and bitch to the mainstream media about how "The character "Blob" is an unfair depiction of fat people in America! It is prejudiced and a hurtful stereotype" blah blah blah.

You think I'm being ridiculous but remember when the Da Vinci came out and the albinos were mad that there was an albino villain? same type of thing.

I also think Blob would be one of those characters that just wouldn't translate well to the big screen, and would just come off as comical. And there's quite a few that wouldn't, I'm sure, unfortunately, Apocalypse is probably one of them.

I also think Blob would be one of those characters that just wouldn't translate well to the big screen, and would just come off as comical. And there's quite a few that wouldn't, I'm sure, unfortunately, Apocalypse is probably one of them.

If I could do a 4th X-Men...I use Sinister...and have him be behind all of the things that happened in X3...I would introduce the Marauders, and I'd use Sinister as an excuse to bring back Cyclops and Jean, it would also be the introduction of Cable, and X-Factor, as well as Havok and Polaris... Here's my strawman of how it would work out:

1)Movie opens with a shot of Jean and Scott in stasis...and Sinister in the shadows...

2)We see the X-Men in the Morlock tunnels, fighting the Maruaders...I'd have Angel and Iceman seriously injured, and placed in the care of Beast. Thus the ground work is laid for the introduction of X-Factor.

3)Storm loses her powers in the fight with the Marauders but continues to lead the X-Men...which include Wolvie, Kitty, Colossus, Nightcrawler, Havok, Rogue, Polaris, and Gambit...Kitty and Nightcrawler, and Colossus are injured in the course of the ongoing battles with the Marauders...taking them out of the fight.

4) Final showdown with Sinister...Scott and Jean are freed...and link up with Beast, Iceman, Angel...we find that Jean is pregnant...

To be continued...