Shiri

What Was The Last Movie You Saw?

In Bruges

THE BIAS I was kind of in Bruges myself two years ago. I was able to clearly recognize 10 different spots, including some back streets, and the one additional feature was a canal tour, and the tour went past the dock where I got on my canal tour. Gorgeous little town, if you're ever looking for somewhere quiet, yet historic.

WHAT I DIDN'T LIKE Wow, what an incredibly violent movie. I don't usually like really violent movies like that (especially when I think that I was stood in spots were some of the worst of it took place). I've never found violence to that degree necessary to make a film good, and it quite often really detracts from a second viewing for me...

WHAT I LOVED ...which is going to suck because there was a lot about this movie I really liked, and I know I can't complain because what's to be expected about a movie about hit men? First off, the dialogue was fucking hilarious. It was un-PC, they say the word "fuck" at least 130 times in a 126 minute film, and the timing of the entire cast's deliverance of it was spot on. Colin Ferrell, in particular, brought a lot of humanity into a very dangerous man. Not to mention, going back to my to bias, they really made Bruge look more than a medieval draw Belgium's main tourist attraction. They make it look like just a really lovely little town fully of extremely interesting people - mostly tourists, mind you, but the tourists who tend to travel there are always people who are looking off the beaten track, and therefore quite interesting. ;)

So that's my review of In Bruge. In a nutshell, good movie, really violent.

Disappointing. It's a slow movie, the second half is better than the first but still I felt it could have been much better. I'd see it casuaully if it was on TV but not the type of movie I'd go to the movies for. In my case, I downloaded it so ;)

Alfie.

I did not know that fucking the girlfriend of one's best friend could have negative consequences. Thank you for that life lesson, Alfie.

Alfie is one of my favorite movies of the past 5 years. Saw it in the theatre, major suprise. ;)

Funny Games was very interesting and tense until it started to poke fun at itself, which kind of pulled me out of it a bit. Tim Roth is one hell of an actor though.

yes, the whole scene plays backwards part towards the end, had me thinking the dvd was broken.

6.5/10