matrix

Jarhead...

Is anyone else as excited about this movie as me?

Sam Mendes is a brillant director. Road to Perdition is one of the best films I've seen. The cinematography looks to be amazing, and Jake Gyllenhaal and Jamie Foxx are amazing.

this movie looks great, I love the Jake...and Jamie Foxx in an under-promoted role is always the best...I hope this film takes an outside approach and doesnt hold anything back...(apocalypse now) that's what makes a great war movie

i'm hesitantly anxious for this movie. american beauty was delicious. i just hoping it's not a full metal jacket or apocalypse now knock off (and i'm just going from what i've seen in the trailer).

jake gyllenhaal = yay!

jamie foxx = meh...

Apocolypse Now was much more of a social/inner-psyche film, than a war film. The Vietnam war took a real back seat to the film's theme. The same goes with the book Heart of Darkness (which the film is based off of.)

Also,

Jamie Foxx = Hoo-rah.

Someone had to say it. Yeah but no, i f'in hate Jamie Foxx.

Apocolypse Now was much more of a social/inner-psyche film, than a war film. The Vietnam war took a real back seat to the film's theme. The same goes with the book Heart of Darkness (which the film is based off of.)

Also,

Jamie Foxx = Hoo-rah.

i always get yelled at for saying this, but i didn't like heart of darkness at all, and i REALLY didn't like apocalpyse now. i found them both to be very boring...

but the concepts surrounding the two are admirable, so i have respect for them.

in any case. jarhead. looks like good stuff.

Also,

Jamie Foxx = Hoo-rah.

i always get yelled at for saying this, but i didn't like heart of darkness at all, and i REALLY didn't like apocalpyse now. i found them both to be very boring...

but the concepts surrounding the two are admirable, so i have respect for them.

in any case. jarhead. looks like good stuff.

I hear you on the playing field of boredom. I couldn't get into Heart of Darkness, and i've made multiple attempts to watch Apocolypse Now but i always end up falling asleep. Literally. They're both incredibly well-done. Just both incredibly boring.

For those who haven't read the book and expect an actiony-war movie, then you might want to skip this one. It's a really good drama and by no means pro or anti war. It's just a movie about one guy (Swafords) experiences as an STA soldier. The directing was done very well and the music was well placed. I enjoyed it, my friends didn't.

I enjoyed it as well. My complaint is about the reviews I've read. Some of the reviews say it's too slow and a war movie needs to have more action, and to that I say...it's a god damn true story. The main character was actually there. If they're playing football out in the middle of the Iraqi desert in the movie, then they actually played football in the middle of the Iraqi desert. I thought it was great insight into the whole war spectrum. From what I remember about that war, there wasn't much fighting, which is what the movie portrays.