Quammy

Rating Tarantino Movies

What's Your Favorite Quentin Tarantino Movie?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. What's Your Favorite Quentin Tarantino Movie?

• Reservoir Dogs
    • Pulp Fiction
    • Jackie Brown
    • Kill Bill: Vol. 1
    • Kill Bill: Vol. 2
    • I don't like Tarantino movies

I voted Resevoir Dogs. I'm starting to think that as a director I like Roger Avery more. As far as I can tell he's a better director and the real brains behind the earlier stuff. Compare Pulp Fiction to Rules of Attraction on the visual level and Roger Avery takes a crap on Tarantino. As far as I can tell, the cool things from RD and PF were the story and dialogue. The stories, and I think the structure for both were Avery's as far as I can tell. Like I said, they are nothing special visually, so really all that Tarantino seems to be responsible for is the Tarantino dialogue, which Almost becomes a pretty boring gimmick, which is why I think Kill Bill didn't have much of that. It's no secret that the reason Kill Bill was well done on the visual level was just because of Tarantino's skill at ripping off other things. If it wasn't as cool as it was, I think most people would have just thought it was a convoluted mash up of too many styles. So as I see it, if Avery directed RD and PF they would have been far superior, and the team of both writing and him directing would have made for much better films than Tarantino put out after the two split. But then Avery hasn't pumped them out much, so it's hard to compare them career wise.

wasnt tarantino also in on El Mariachi? I think he was, whatever.

In terms of him ripping stuff off, i totally agree, but really, everyone does it. I think the lure of tarantino's stuff is just the way it comes accross, and the fact that pulp fiction had such an impact on pop culture at the time that no one could really just forget about him...even though he hasnt really put out anything good since.

I voted for Kill Bill Vol 2, but my favourite is the film as a whole, a masterpiece in my opinion.

After that I'd say Pulp Fiction, Reservoir Dogs and Jackie Brown in that order.

As for films that he wrote True Romance and Natural Born Killers are tied for first. And the CSI episode was awesome, easily my favourite episode to date for any of the series.