matrix

V For Vendetta

mainly, i just don't favor the idea that the public needs someone to stand up on their behalf in order to act on injustice. if anything, it made me lose faith in mankind, it didn't inspire me.

i agree with the notion that ideas are more powerful than beliefs, etc,etc. but it's not a new way of thinking, especially for film. it was unique to the comic book world when it was published because it challenged norms and actually had a message that resonated a little bit more than just "don't do drugs".

here, it takes the world we live in and paints it as an alright place. our society juxtaposed with theirs is a walk in the park, and essentially i think it appeases our desires for change. "well at least we're not living under a totalitarian government, right?" suddenly, the world in which we live aint so bad. not true.

ms. portman was fantastic in her role though.

mainly, i just don't favor the idea that the public needs someone to stand up on their behalf in order to act on injustice. if anything, it made me lose faith in mankind, it didn't inspire me.

i agree with the notion that ideas are more powerful than beliefs, etc,etc. but it's not a new way of thinking, especially for film. it was unique to the comic book world when it was published because it challenged norms and actually had a message that resonated a little bit more than just "don't do drugs".

here, it takes the world we live in and paints it as an alright place. our society juxtaposed with theirs is a walk in the park, and essentially i think it appeases our desires for change. "well at least we're not living under a totalitarian government, right?" suddenly, the world in which we live aint so bad. not true.

ms. portman was fantastic in her role though.

Even if you didn't agree with the message of the film, you have to agree it was both well made and well acted.

Even if you didn't agree with the message of the film, you have to agree it was both well made and well acted.

no i dont think it was well made and will hold to that. it just came off as being way too campy and tried to be more dramatic then it actually was. but it was well acted, that was definitely the highlight of the film for me.

Guest jsunC

Agreed, one of the best movies i've ever seen. borntohula makes a very interesting point, but still fantastic movie.

It was good, but it's one of those things where the hardcore fans of it sort of piss me off. Suddenly people know "all about" Guy Fawkes and recite that "remember remember" poem as if they knew it from childhood. Suddenly they start thinking of themselves as some kind of intellectuals just because they saw it in a movie.

Saw the movie this week for the 1st time. It was cool, but a bit confusing at times with the whole police investigations. I think it could have been done a bit better. Hugo Weaving did an awesome job though.

Watched the credits, noticed Alan Moore (who wrote the orginal graphic novel) was not credited anywhere. Did he "dis-own" the movie & not want his name listed or something?

Alan Moore rules. I bet the comic is 5x as good as the movie was, always wanted to pick it up.

vforvendetta.jpg