How About Those Arctic Monkeys?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. How About Those Arctic Monkeys?

• Great Band
    • They're Alright
    • Awful Band
    • Never Heard

Guest apsham

Thet don't bring anything new to the table, they don't bring anything special to the table and they're British. All reasons to dislike them for me. ;)

Decent. I won't go out and buy or download their album and am one step away from deleting everything by them that my sister has downloaded on my computer, but they're not terrible.

I think that they're special in a sense that they are introducing something, almost a new form of British emo capturing the social elements of a new generation. This isn't to say the music itself is brilliant, but the album is fun enough to listen to. A few songs stand out for me as far as the band's potential is concerned, "A Certain Romance" being the best example in question. However, they're newest EP "Who The Fuck Are the Arctic Monkeys?", is a disappointment simply because they've let themselves get caught up in the hype and complain about the pressure.

A big reason I enjoy Franz Ferdinand is that they honestly don't care what people think of them. They know the songs are paper thin, and know that quantity matters when you deal with that kind of genre. Arctic Monkeys haven't learned to ignore the press.