On Canada Day I'll be checking out FoxFest with a bunch of my buddies. Billy Talent, Thornley, Armchair Cynics, Theory of a Deadman, among others will be playing.

There will also be a handfull of us checking out the Warped Tour Vancouver Date. Underoath, The Academy Is, Thursday, Saves the Day, Moneen, Rise Against, Motion City Soundtrack, Kincaide, AFI, plus tonns of others. Should be kicking.

So far just John Zorn. (avant-garde/jazz)

Holy shit where are you seeing John Zorn? i would love to see that show. i'm traveling to Chicago to see the Pitckfork festival and then over to Canada to see Matthew Good. if i could throw some John Zorn in there i just might cry.

Damn it man pull it together, men don't cry.

So far just John Zorn. (avant-garde/jazz)

im tempted to go to that one, but i dont really know his stuff well. i just have heard lots abotu the guy.

i wouldnt mind seeing these shows:

elliott brood

seu jorge

maybe the metric show at fort york w/ holy fuck, secret machines and the fiery furnaces...

I'm going to Matthew Good and City & Colour in Victoria. Anyone else seeing any concerts this summer ?

I'm thinking of going to see Matt, but I'm not sure. Legends sucks. I've been in there and it blows.

City and Colour? Nah. Last year I saw David Usher at Open Air and it was awesome! Open Air is great.

I'm not seeing any concerts this summer ;)

does Legends really suck ? I've never been there.. I grew up in Sidney but I live in Alberta now so I haven't been to any Vic bars. I'm moving back to the island July 15 though, so where are the good places to go ?

I'm psyched for the open air show.. last one i saw was big sugar at the ledg on Canada day years ago... great show.

Legends is a decent club to get drunk at. I've been there a few times and from what I remember it was one of the main clubs in Victoria. I'd have to say Sugar Nightclub is the place for live music. Actually I don't think they do anything besides live music. I have seen many a band there and it is pretty rocking. Then there's Lucky bar, a bit of a shit hole but for some reason it gets some decent bands.

Damn I miss Victoria.

maybe the metric show at fort york w/ holy fuck, secret machines and the fiery furnaces...

holy fuck is awesome live

Holy Fuck was kind of weird. It's all music, but you can definately groove to it. It would be awesome if you were on drugs.

I wanted to take my gf to see Keane, one of her favs, at the Mod Club on Monday, but Ticketmaster is a rape artist. Let me know if anyone has tickets they want to unload.

Hedley, yes Hedley, is playing a few free outdoor concerts I might go to, but that should be it.