Guest some guy

Alrighty, So How Does This Throw Ya?

Guest apsham

I've lent 200 bucks to a friend that's hard up for it, I mean come on, this guy has been there since I was five and was always looking out for me, why not? And he's a trust worthy guy, so whatever. Anyways, I get home today and I've been wondering where my wallet was all day, oh yeah, I found out.

My father tells me to go check my account, and I say I don't know where my card is, he points to my wallet on the computer desk. So I ask what is going on. So yeah, basically my parents stole my wallet, found my PIN number in a book in my room and went and checked my account. When they say that I had that much missing, boom they flip. So I decide to leave for a little while and dad pulls up, says the only way that I can get out of this is if I surrender the card to mom so that she can put me on an allowance type system. I'd prefer to sleep tonight, so I gave it up. We got home, mom takes the card and says smuggly to dad "Let's go to Tim Hortons." and they leave.

I cannot believe this... they would pull something THAT illegal on me.

i didn't know parents like that existed, that's fucked up. I would never let them take my debit card, i would have called the cops to be honest with you.

Although since he's not yet 18 and they are his legal guardians... is what they did really illegal?

I think levelling charges against your parents would create more trouble that it's worth, but I'd want to look into it for curiosity's sake.

go to the bank tommorow

tell them you lost your card

get a new one

change your pin

and NEVER leave without your wallet (or write your PIN # down)

my parents are also controlling freaks, I learned best to stay one step ahead and keep your shit hidden.

Yeah, that's what I was going to say. Have the bank block your card and order a new one. I work at a bank, and should be really easy for them to block it. Also, if your name is embossed on the card, most places won't take it if it's not you standing there. Although, most places don't follow policy and ask for ID like they should, so that might not work. Best thing, if your parents charge stuff against your account you didn't authorize, tell the manager at the bank, and they should have some form of affidavit you fill out and they may reimburse your account for fruadulent items.

How did your parents find the balance on your account? Are they signers on it as well, or just you? Did they get a mini statement from an ATM? Or did they go into the bank and ask a teller to give them a balance on the account? If they went in and had a teller give them the balance and they're not on the account, that teller could be fired for privacy issues. A person who's not on an account can get no information regarding that. That's legal shit there.

Edited by matrix

I've lent 200 bucks to a friend that's hard up for it, I mean come on, this guy has been there since I was five and was always looking out for me, why not? And he's a trust worthy guy, so whatever. Anyways, I get home today and I've been wondering where my wallet was all day, oh yeah, I found out.

My father tells me to go check my account, and I say I don't know where my card is, he points to my wallet on the computer desk. So I ask what is going on. So yeah, basically my parents stole my wallet, found my PIN number in a book in my room and went and checked my account. When they say that I had that much missing, boom they flip. So I decide to leave for a little while and dad pulls up, says the only way that I can get out of this is if I surrender the card to mom so that she can put me on an allowance type system. I'd prefer to sleep tonight, so I gave it up. We got home, mom takes the card and says smuggly to dad "Let's go to Tim Hortons." and they leave.

I cannot believe this... they would pull something THAT illegal on me.

So, you say that Tim Horton's takes debit where you live? Hell, I've never seen that here. That's fucked.

Posted by: inescapableus

go to the bank tommorow

tell them you lost your card

get a new one

change your pin

and NEVER leave without your wallet (or write your PIN # down)

my parents are also controlling freaks, I learned best to stay one step ahead and keep your shit hidden.

that is actually really good advice.

Edited by Hyphnip