Anybody have any good books to recommend. I just finished reading "The Lucifer Principle" and am now working on "The Physics of Consciousness," but after that I don't know what I'm going to read. So any suggestions on any books, new or classics, which I should read?

Hmm, maybe I should have just posted this as a favorite book list. So, now I'll go do that. Thanks for all the replies. I've actually already read Keroauc's "On The Road," Vonnegut's "Cat's Cradle," and parts of Crichton's "Next" and a little bit of "The Perks of Being A Wallflower."

try reading Gods Debris....Sparq knows the sequel to it...

Indeed. God's Debris can be found for free as an e-book. The sequel, The Religion War is supposed to be quite good as well. It's sitting on a desk behind me, I just haven't read it yet. Both are short reads.

I recall enjoying Charles Sheffield's "Aftermath" as well.

Ender's Game (and sequels) by Orson Scott Card

Hocus Pocus by Kurt Vonnegut

Catch 22 by Joseph Heller

The Hollow Chocolate Bunnies of the Apocalypse by Robert Rankin

The Virgin Suicides by Jeffrey Eugenides

Warriors by Sol Yurick

A Star Called Henry by Roddy Doyle

Black Hawk Down by Mark Bowden

Vengeance by George Jonas

"The Diamond Age" by Neal Stephenson...

The Diamond Age or, A Young Lady's Illustrated Primer is postcyberpunk novel by Neal Stephenson. It is a bildungsroman focused on a young girl and set in a world in which nanotechnology affects all aspects of life. Its primary themes include education, social class, cultural tribalism, and the nature of artificial intelligence. The Diamond Age was first published in 1995 by Bantam Books, as a Bantam Spectra hardcover edition. In 1996, it won the Hugo Award for Best Novel and was shortlisted for the Nebula Award. A six-hour miniseries scripted by Stephenson and produced by George Clooney is being developed for Sci Fi.

Thanks for all of the ideas. I've read 1984 and Brave New World and had heard of Zamyatin's book, but haven't gotten around to reading it. Now, I've started reading "A People's History of the United States" and Machiavelli's "The Prince."

I loved 1984.

I quote it on occasion in my socails class.

No one ever knows what I'm talking about.

It makes me sad.

1984 is so good!

I half-believe that lotteries in real life work exactly like they do in the book.

I loved 1984.

I quote it on occasion in my socails class.

No one ever knows what I'm talking about.

It makes me sad.

1984 is so good!

I half-believe that lotteries in real life work exactly like they do in the book.

Read Nymphomation by Jeff Noon.

You won't be dissapointed.

And, while you're at it, read the rest of his books.

Vert is my favorite, closly followed by Automated Alice.

I really enjoy them. He's been one of my favorite authors since before I actually understood the books.

EDIT: Clarification.

(I used to read books above my reading level when I was a kid so I could look up the words I didn't know in the dictionary in hopes to know every english word in the world. I never met my goal.)

Edited by NinjaStyle