sodamntired

Bands With Staying Power?

okay, so working at Target, I have rung a lot of copies of Fall Out Boy, and I'm horrible at predicting things of the future (see: my prediction of how big MGB was going to be in the States post) but I have a 99% guarantee that people will not be talking about FAB 5 years from now. The kids will have moved on to something new by then.

So I ask you, are there any bands that are strong enough to be sticking around for a few years/decades? Because the state of music today (as it has been since the 50's - today) is if a band has a hit single, promote the hell out of it, but once it has left the radio, move on to the next one.

Realize that bands can stay together even though they are out of creative juice. I don't mind if bands break up since most of the time you can see it coming and they were starting to sound like shit anyway.

I do think it would be hilarious if FOB becomes a decades spanning career band. Just to spite you, Chris.

hey, even Dishwalla is still performing at Fairs around America.

remember Dishwalla? Counting Blue Cars? I agree, just because a band isn't on the radio/television doesn't mean they are truly 'gone'

Edited by sodamntired

Ugh, Dishwalla. Okay, this is true, I mean I saw both Trooper and Loverboy within a month of each other last year. But they aren't making new music, so it's hard to call them working bands, they're just cashing in on old hits. Green Day at least is still recording and staying in people's ears.

all i remember of dishwalla is the name. i think lots more bands than we know are still around making music. even a shit ton of 80s hair bands (<3) are still making new music that is actually still popular within that scene.. although, most of them only have like 2 original members at best. so maybe that doesn't count.

Edited by mrs jesus