if you're trying to bring me down it is NOT GONNA WORK

Nah, just sharing my experiance. I still had a good time, they just seemed like they couldn't utilize the huge stage properly, and their sound quality was a little lacking.

Let me know if they have the same god-awful opening 'band,' which consisted of an asian DJ and a terrible terrible 'singer' who would go around and hump him from behind. I swear to god I'm not kidding.

if you're trying to bring me down it is NOT GONNA WORK

Nah, just sharing my experiance. I still had a good time, they just seemed like they couldn't utilize the huge stage properly, and their sound quality was a little lacking.

Let me know if they have the same god-awful opening 'band,' which consisted of an asian DJ and a terrible terrible 'singer' who would go around and hump him from behind. I swear to god I'm not kidding.

well, the place they're playing here is a small club, so maybe they won't have that problem. i have no idea who's opening but i hope it's not the band you're talking about because that sounds fucking scary.

shade : lmao

I was a little buzzed, but he kept talking about the "revolution...of love."

It was pretty fucked, and they were terrible. The DJ guy actually seemed kind of cool, but was most likely under some zombie-puppet mind control by the vocalist.

so we missed most of wintersleep, and i am pretty sure that 90% of the crowd were canadians. never in my life have i heard so many canadian accents, seen so many hockey jerseys or maple leaves or canadian flags on shirts or canada hats. there was a ginormous cooler full of molson and labatt and everyone was saying eh and it was like the mothership calling me home except that i'm not canadian or whatever. the hip is fucking awesome and i am sad that they didn't play nautical disaster because that's the first hip song i ever heard and they actually played a lot of shit i didn't recognize which is weird because i have like 4 hip albums but everything was great so i don't care. i heard a lot of people bitching about the venue because it was IMPOSSIBLE to move around in there but i also heard a lot of people saying how great it was to see them in a place so small. anyway i took pictures, but i need a better camera FO REALS.

stage.jpg

thumbsup.jpg

gorddancing.jpg

sweatybeast.jpg

themuthafuckinhip.jpg

blurryblue.jpg

totalbluraction.jpg

totalbluraction3.jpg

the end.

yeah, i like wintersleep, so i was pretty bummed out about missing their set. we caught like 3 songs, so at least that was better than nothing.

as for the hip, i don't really know how to describe them. my roommate likes to describe them as having a sort of rem-ish sound and i always think of them as being more classic rockish than modernish but i don't know. i think they're very hit and miss though - the good stuff is really good and the bad stuff is really bad.

they put on a great show, though. even if you don't know or like the songs they play. granted, i haven't seen them since 2000ish.

dude. they were OUTSTANDING. you're right- even though i didn't KNOW all the songs, i enjoyed them all. and gord is CRAZY! oh my god. he was dancing all over and sweating like mad, seriously, he was sweating SO MUCH that everytime he sang a word sweat was just flying off of his face but he never slowed down and also mr baker is fucking HOT and i don't think he was wearing underwear because you could totally see his package. i'm just saying.

OH! and BY THE WAY, chris - they are SO NOT BORING. see them live and THEN tell me about how BORING they are.

ps i hate you

*HUGGLEZZZZZ!!!!!*

ps. i know over-the-top e-tarded kindness is your kryptonite

go listen to wes borland, you fag.

lmao

OH! and BY THE WAY, chris - they are SO NOT BORING. see them live and THEN tell me about how BORING they are.

ps i hate you

*HUGGLEZZZZZ!!!!!*

ps. i know over-the-top e-tarded kindness is your kryptonite

go listen to wes borland, you fag.

lmao

wub you :angry: (8) ;) :angry: :angry: