Paranoid Android

Hospital Music Single

From what I can remember, Born Losers is a good choice. Not that I expect the single to get much airplay/notice though.

i suspect q104 will play it a lot (local radio station). that's the first place i heard 'can't get shot in the back if you don't run'. some live radio show they were broadcasting from somewhere else. they play a decent amount of matthew good.

Why would you want the radio version over the album version? Just to collect? I don't think there's one that isn't directly ripped from the radio available. I feel like the song was shortened, but only in the bridge. I could be wrong--there may be other changes. The song is new to me, still.

Hey folks -- been a long time.

I just tabbed out a rough version of Born Losers. Just the rhythm part (i.e. the chord progression) and the breakdown, pre-bridge. The bridge is close, but probably not quite right. It'd be easier if I could skip back and forth and rewind in the track to listen, but it only plays once in a 5-minute track and I'm working with the streaming version, so I does what I cans.

As with just about all of Matt's songs (So Long Mrs. Smith is standard with capo 2 or something like that, for example), this is tuned flat (half a step down, to EbAbDbGbBbeb). Don't mind the hyphenated words (like conti-nent and be-long); they're to emphasize the syllable the chord changes on. Rhythm is fairly simple, and there are some simple frills in the strumming, akin to what he does in If I Were A Tidal Wave.

>Born Losers by Matthew Good
Tabbed by cringleman ([email protected])

Verse:
   G                    Am      C        F
Well there ain't nothing to this but your daughter
       G                  Am       C          F
and the life you would not give her break your plans
G                   Am    C      F
traipsed across the conti-nent a squatter
        G                Am       C       F
for your lies at night to sleep be-tween my hands

Chorus:
     Am         C  G  F
We're back where we be-long
        Am         C  G  F
straight back where we be-long
  C    G   Am         C  G     F
no days for nights, no co-caine cons
    Am         C  G  F
just back where we be-long

Breakdown:
(repeat ad nauseum)
E|------------------------|
B|------------------------|
G|---10--9--9--8--8-9~-8--|
D|---10--9--9--8--8-9~-8--|
A|------------------------|
E|------------------------|

Bridge:
G                F  C
Go put it in the ground
G                        F     C  G
go bury it some place it can't be found
G                F
go put it in the ground

Corrections welcome, especially to the Bridge. The breakdown might actually be barre chords and not the two-note chords I have there, but it's easy to add another finger into the mix for that.

Enjoy!

just so everyone knows, I caught the last minute or so of Born Losers on the radio today so it would seem that stations have it and you should call and request it. get lots of air play (though I'm sure that won't be a problem)

Sorry, guys. Dunno what I was thinking: the pre-bridge breakdown goes:

>Breakdown:
(repeat ad nauseum)
E|--------------------------|
B|--------------------------|
G|---10--9--9--7--7-9-8~-5--|
D|---10--9--9--7--7-9-8~-5--|
A|--------------------------|
E|--------------------------|

So that's that, in case anyone was fiddling around trying to play it. If Julian, the dude from the MGTA, reads the Bored, he may feel free to add this tab to his Archive, as far as I'm concerned.

Lol. That's interesting because I was just thinking of going to FM96's website and seeing if it was playing yet. I figured it would've just started and wouldn't be showing up on the site yet and just as I had that thought I saw that post, so it was weird is all. That is criminal, Linkin Park beating out Matthew frigging Good. How preposterous. I'll go and vote now.

I live in London and I was so pumped when I heard that Matt was gonna be on Out of the Box against Linkin Park.

After Matt, Linkin Park is probably my 2nd favorite band. I bought their new cd the day it was out and i knew bleed it out was gonna be a single. Its no where near as complex and well written as Matt's stuff but its catchy and very radio friendly.

I was expected to see Matt get under 10% of the vote as Born losers isn't a traditional single even for matt's standards. Alert Status Red and Weapon did very well but born loser is far from them.

When i saw that he got 37%, I was quite pleased. Even better is that he did better than the new killers song which got 34% of the vote.

I am hoping this is a sign that born losers gets some decent airtime to brighten up my days and help the chance of hearing a few more from the album.