Monkey

Radio Shows

he's going to be at 102.1 the edge in toronto on tuesday at 4pm. it's a street-level studio so i'm gonna head down there. shitty part is, all my friends who would actually go with me are busy. so i get to hang out by myself haha. anyone wanna be my friend for an afternoon? lol.

funny story.. called KROCK this morning to chime in for the mg song name guessing contest.. five song clips were played,

strange days / fated / born losers / symbolistic white walls / flashdance II

I was nervous as hell, I called in and completely blanked for a second, I was the first guy to get through. didn't expect to get through. so I gave it a shot.

they said I guessed the fourth song wrong.. but I'm "so close"

so they put me on air.. and said that I had it wrong.. so they moved on to the next caller..

I called back, because upon reflecting, I knew that the clip that was played could be no other song. during that time they had another caller call in and they stopped him short because they said that he too was incorrect. so I knew this had to be addressed, and was prepared to play the original song off of my computer..

tried to call back, managed to get through. by this time, they'd realized that the hostess had read the card incorrectly and it looks like I'll be going to see MG tomorrow in person, in the KRock studio! they also said that the person who called after me is going to be able to go as well since that person too would've had it correct, presumably.

so I will try to get photos

I hate you!

the Winnipeg show was impossible to win passes for.

it's only one winner with 3 guests. I tried calling in but they were only qualifying people during the morning show while I'm at work so I had to try and call without my supervisors noticing. didn't work.

what pissed me off the most was half the people that were qualified didn't even sound excited.

it's bullshit

I hate you!

the Winnipeg show was impossible to win passes for.

it's only one winner with 3 guests. I tried calling in but they were only qualifying people during the morning show while I'm at work so I had to try and call without my supervisors noticing. didn't work.

what pissed me off the most was half the people that were qualified didn't even sound excited.

it's bullshit

edge is a street-level studio. so you line up outside and they let you in when he gets there. there was probably about 50 people there. he didn't perform or anything. just did an interview. but i got his autograph and a picture with him. so i'm a happy kid! showed him my tattoo as well (see the avatar). he thought it was pretty cool.

Power 97 is a street level station too. but they're bastards about it!

Matt is supposed to play some songs too and stuff.

I'm considering just going down there and standing outside to see what happens.

You should go Tim! And Andrea, show us the pictures!

You should go Tim! And Andrea, show us the pictures!

they're on my home computer and i'm at work right now. i'll put them up later on. i do have the one of him and i though. let me know if it doesn't work.

mattgood.jpg