Azalroth

Road Trip Music

I'm heading to Europe in less than a month and I don't know what music to bring with me for the 2 weeks that I'm backpacking around. Mostly I'll be listening to my music on trains and the plane ride there and back but I could still use a good list of music for this trip.

Basically I'm curious as to what you all suggest for a trip of this magnitude. Suggest Albums or single Songs.

Cheers!

LoL dont you just want to listen to the old lady banter at you the whole time?? I suggest some reggae for your trip through Amsterdam, only cause then you'll feel like greg on a daily basis.

And yes I have compleatly checked out of work thus far.. below is the most work I've put in all day..

netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt

netsh winsock reset

Daft Punk - Alive 2007. I just love walking around the city listening to it. I feel EPIC. haha

Chicane - Easy To Assemble. Not sure if you're into electronic/Tranceish music at all...but I really enjoy listening to this album in the summer...it feels really warm and almost tropical. It seems like something that would sound really good rocketting down a hot, dry highway or something... and it's not at all repetitive and cheesy, like a lot of Trance is. It's very organic, lots of real instruments.

Might I also suggest some Massive Attack. Anything really. But I highly suggest a song called "Protection", featuring Tracey Thorn (Of Everything But The Girl). A little Trip Hop goes a long way ;)

I also have some House mixes that my DJ Friend mixes for me, if you're interested in 1-2 hour sets, I could send some to you.

haha sorry all of my suggestions were electronic.

Where abouts in Europe ?

For upbeat, I suggest:

Modest Mouse - The Moon and Antartica

The Music - The Music

for chilling through a night journey:

Verve - A Storm in Heaven.

Dunno if they're your cup of tea, like ?

The Moon and Antarctica for upbeat? That's probably the gloomiest album I have ever heard. It's also one of the best.

When I was in the UK last summer, I had North American for Life stuck in my head.

As far as my iPod goes, I had a general list of Canadian stuff and some extra full classic rock albums. You know, because I was traveling to London* and Liverpool. It was only fair.

*I have no absolutely recollection of playing it on purpose, but when I was on the train to London for my one day of complete freedom, I listened to Abbey Road. I still can't listen to Come Together without feeling the train/Underground. ;)

PS: If you plan on going up the London Eye at any point, I would highly recommend anything by the Who.

Sweet, a lot of music I don't already have. Cheers!

When I have a list of music built up I'll post it here.

Cities In Order:

Leave from Montreal (Night flight)

Brussels, Belgium (few hours)

Train (3hrs)

Amsterdam, Netherlands (2 days)

Train to Koblenz (2hrs)

Boat cruise down the Rhine (6hrs)

Rudeshiem, Germany (1 night)

Rothenburg ob der Tauber (1 day)

Train to Fussen (4hrs)

Fussen, Germany (1 night)

Train to Munich (6hrs)

Night Train from Munich to Venezia (8hrs)

Venezia, Italy (2 days)

Train to Cinque Terre (2-3hrs)

Cinque Terre, Italy (2days)

Paris, France (2days)

Mons, France (day tripping)

Brussels, Belgium (Day flight)

Not sure if that'll help anyone at all but that's the rough outline of the trip...as you can see quiet a few hours on the train, that's where I"ll need the music mostly.

Cheers.

Edited by Azalroth

-Prodigy - Girls

-NIN/David Bowie - I'm Afraid Of Americans

-Bad Religion - Punk Rock Song (german version)

-A bunch of Massive Attack

-I'd say newer Pitchshifter, but I don't suppose you're going to the UK.

ALSO: Bad Religion - The Streets of America because it is entirely inappropriate and you need some variety (also because Bad Religion kicks your ass and Europe loves them).

Edited by Sparq

Daft Punk - Alive 2007. I just love walking around the city listening to it. I feel EPIC. haha

Chicane - Easy To Assemble. ...

...Massive Attack.

haha sorry all of my suggestions were electronic.

No worries, so far so good. I'm enjoying Chicane right now at work and I loaded Easy to Assemble on my mp3 player last night.