calgarydave

Bsg 5th Cylon Theories?

i just found it anticlimactic to have the giant battle for the first half and then wind down for another hour. i can't say i was expecting the ending to be like it was, but i really wasn't surprised by any of it. and the enfeebled roslin was really getting to me by the end of the series. just fucking die already, and stop hacking and coughing and and being all "i'm so sick, but i must hang on to annoy some random". i did enjoy when chief iced that bitch. i had forgotten about what she'd done till she got all worried about them seeing each others memories. and i liked that the tin cans got their freedom. i don't know...i wasn't bad, like the whole series, it just kinda dragged on for me.

The finale was a bit long after the battle but at least it tells you how it all went afterwards. They were all over SFU and it was nice to finally see why they occupied the AQ for so long lol.

I think that Starbuck was just sent back from the dead by the "angels" and after she finished her job, she went back on to doing whatever it is dead people do. Head Six and Head Baltar were probably angels as well. If you remember, Baltar and Six both saw each other in their heads. The people you saw 150,000 years later were the angels, not Baltar and Caprica Six.

I actually liked Roslin in the end. Adama loved her and she was his resolve. I really liked this finale but I'm a big softie, so yeah.

Also

"I know a bit about farming."

That made me really sad lol.

I teared up a little when Adama

put his wedding ring on Roslin's dead finger.

I liked everything about the episode with the exception of the last twenty seconds, the

whole creepy Japanese robots montage.

I, for sure was expecting more main cast to die, The Chief

choking Tori to death after finding out she killed Cally was one of my favourite moments of the episode if not the series ('cos she was one of the few characters that I've always loathed.).

I laid out the cabin. It's gonna have an easterly view. You should see the light we get here. When the sun comes from behind the mountains, it's almost heavenly. Reminds me of you.

I hope Bill built a giant multi-storey cliffside mansion.

Overall, I loved the whole thing. It was incredible. The battle was phenominal. It was just over the top. I was beside myself over the destruction of the Galactica. I probably cried several times in the course of the show. Roslin's death pretty much broke my heart. Helo getting shot...and sending Athena on...was brutal, I just knew he was going to die, and was so relieved when he didn't. Now here's some shit I figured out...

1) Starbuck being the harbinger of death, wasn't death for the humans...but death to the Cylons.

2) From the beginning when she came back from death, something didn't add up...she definitely wasn't a Cylon...that much I could tell. Remember when she was captured on Caprica and she was taking to the birthing facility...wouldn't the Cylons have figured out she was one of them then? So yeah, I'm inclined to believe she was the fleet's guardian Angel. From the beginning she was one of it's greatest defenders... and let's face it, in most religions to reach that divine status, one must face great adversity, and even succumb to darkness before rising...Covers Kara pretty good.

Okay, some shit that bothered me...

With all of the shit that they did bring down to the planet with them...Raptors, weapons, etc...how could there not have been a trace of them to be found in the future? Another thing is, you land 36,000 civilized people on a planet...it's bound to have some significant impact on the locals, and their evolution...What happened to everyone after they landed was left to open ended...and I was pissed about this. I also couldn't see after everything they went through to build their relationship...that Bill and Lee would just go their seperate ways...the same with Tigh... Also, Hera being Mitochondrial Eve???? That's the only trace of their presence on Earth? Fuck that. How is that even possible? Did she mate with members of the indigenous population? How could she be Eve, if there were already people walking around on the planet?

I liked seeing Moore in that final scene. That was cool.

Baltar being an Angel makes sense too, only one who has fallen so far could find that measure of salvation(I know, nice one). I have more, but this is all I have time for.

One last thing...I was very glad to see that the Cylons didn't get their resurrection data, and even better that Tory got her's. I liked her until she killed Cally. I was disappointed not to see Hotdog and his daughter again though.

Edited by bishopx

Also, Hera being Mitochondrial Eve???? That's the only trace of their presence on Earth? Fuck that. How is that even possible? Did she mate with members of the indigenous population? How could she be Eve, if there were already people walking around on the planet?

Hera being Mitochondrial Eve only means that she's a decendent of every LIVING human on the planet. It's a misconception that to be Mitochondrial Eve you need to be the first (I totally had to wiki that). And yeah, it was basically implied that the remaining colonist went to town on the locals. Rape was had by all.

Besides the obvious stuff that bugged me. Why the heck was everyone so cool about the fact that they were sending Anders into the sun to die a painful death...Clearly Lee wanted Kara for himself, and just made up some bullshit speech about anti-technology to cover up the murder.

And what the hell Leoben! Where the fuck were you hiding this season, why couldn't you have atleast tried to get some closure with Kara. Gods...

Overall though I think I liked the episode, and I can't wait to watch the series again from the beginning.

...So was Galactica the Dieing leader?

Yeah I read the wiki on "Eve" too. I get it now. I still don't like the number of holes left open. As for Sam taking the ships into the sun...I thought it made sense. And Roslin, was definitely the dying leader.

I stalked over at the imdb boards(wow what a playpen) but they brought up a lot of good negative points. I don't know how much anyone care but there is some good discussion over there to check out....

Still bugging me how quick kara was just like "pooof" after all this "idk who i am" krap...

the people just wondering off has been bugging me a bit too...It seems after all that in house fighting that people wouldn't just up and in the span of one day just agree to live in little clusters.

but I guess it's the mark of an elite series that 4 days later it's still floating around my head.

I was pretty shocked by the whole "poof" thing with Kara...but it made sense after I gave it some serious thought.

I also wondered about the whole small clusters thing...36,000+ people are a lot to divide up and send off into little groups. Between the indigenous people and wildlife...I'm still wondering how they went off, and had weapons and shit of that nature and left almost minimal traces of existance? They of course brought raptors and shit, and still no traces of it? I just don't get it. They found the remains of a "Young" woman discovered to be mitcochondrial Eve...does that mean that Hera didn't live to far into adulthood?