Josh almost has a crooner quality to his voice. I love it. It works. It's unique for the style of music he sings.

There's a lot of diversity on this album. You can definitely hear the Queens influence on songs like Dead End Friends, but it doesn't sound exactly like a Queens album. Songs like Elephants have such a Zeppelin vibe to them, and something like Gunman is totally out of nowhere. They did a great job on keeping the album original, I think. You can hear the influences of the sum of the parts, but to me it never sounds stale or repetitive. The guitar work is masterful, too. There are SO many catchy hooks on this album. It's wonderful.

Edited by ccf23

Dave is a good singer. I'll give him that much.

he's a better screamer!

Josh almost has a crooner quality to his voice.

almost? he only croons partially? no one's going to get mad if you say he's a crooner straight up, because it's the truth. he has many vocal styles at his disposal, and that's definitely one that he's not afraid to use.

dream theatre sucks, but not nearly as much as dragonforce

on topic, I still have to give this a listen.

dream theatre are also stupidly talented, but they suck. next point.

Woah.. let's not go too far

They are stupidly talented but they do make pretty amazing music.. their newest album, not so much, but I thought Train of Thought was fantastic

Comparing them in any respect to Dragonforce is just ridiculous.. they're pretty awful, I can agree with that

Edited by johnerwin