sodamntired

Brittany Murphy Dies At 32

Brittany Murphy died of cardiac arrest early Sunday morning, according to a report by TMZ. The actress was 32. It is reported that a call went out to 911 from her Los Angeles home at 8 a.m. Attempts to revive her were not successful, and she was pronounced dead upon arrival at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center. In addition to The White Hotel and Clueless, the Atlanta-born Murphy costarred in 8 Mile and Riding in Cars with Boys.

Brittany Murphy always seemed like a crack-whore to me. You just watch the autopsy, i'm predicting death by crack/STD's.

Anybody remember her as a cast member of the 90's sitcom "The Torkelson's" (aka "Almost Home"). Man she was hot then too.

Edited by Moonlight_Graham

I actually liked her a bit...I too am saddened by the death of someone so young, but I'm not losing sleep over it. Death stalks us all...I tempt it every day I put on a motorcycle helmet, it's just how it works. She was young, and pretty, and talented, and she will be missed.

taken from TMZ.com

Brittany Murphy was very ill in the hours before she went into cardiac arrest and died, sources tell TMZ.

We're told Murphy was taking prescription meds for flu-like symptoms she had been experiencing for several days. We're told Murphy began vomiting early Sunday morning and told family members she was feeling very ill.

Sources say various prescriptions were found in the home -- written for Brittany Murphy, husband Simon Monjack, and Brittany's mom. One source says, "There were a lot ... a lot of prescriptions in the house."

Law enforcement sources tell us Murphy collapsed in the bathroom and somehow ended up in the shower ... there was, we're told, a significant amount of vomit in the immediate area.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/#ixzz0aKy2thTe

that makes me even sadder about this. ;)

I'm very surprised by some of the comments in this thread. Brittany Murphy was a pretty cool actress and she was in a lot of movies that I've enjoyed over the years. I didn't even know she was the voice of Luanne on King of the Hill, but that just makes her even cooler in my opinion. King of the Hill was a very underrated show in my opinion. I wish I had known she was the voice while it was still on the air!

My favorite performance of Brittany Murphy is in the movie "Spun" in which she...plays a drug addict. Sad, but true. Anyway loved her in that.

rip

I am sick of all the attention these celebrities get. It is the major headline news story. Oh no this person died, this one had an affair. There are much more pressing and important matters than them who rank dead last IMO. So I could care less she died. There she died. The end.

I feel the same. I really don't give a fuck about Tiger Woods, i don't even watch golf. It's almost a blessing that Michael Jackson is dead, he molested children (and his music talent had been dead for almost 2 decades).

Lots of people die, its life. It is sad she died young, but i didn't know her, i'll think about her death for about 5 seconds and then thats all i care. A child dies every 3 seconds from poverty-related causes yet most people don't give a shit.

that's exactly the point. this distracts us from what's really happening.

I don't think thats the point. It doesn't distract us. What is covered on the news is what WE want reported. News is a business, and they cover what is popular and what will bring an audience. It's a reflection on us, we want to hear about that guy who played The Joker and Brittany Murphy but not people dying because of war, poverty, or human rights abuses.

It's basically just another extension of pop culture. Justin Timberlake & Lady Ga Ga are popular, but they suck and the hundreds of amazing Indie acts toil on without most people ever even hearing their music unless they are featured in an iPod commercial.

i know i certainly don't. quite frankly, if you bring a child into the world while living in squalor, you deserve it. nature's karma.

What if you're an impoverished woman who has no access to birth control and your husband or some misc. man rapes you or otherwise forces you to have sex, and you become pregnant? Do you think the woman chose to become pregnant? Or chose for the man not to even stick around most of the time? Is this the child's fault that he was conceived? Is it the child's fault that his mother dies during childbirth because of infection, disease, poor sanitation and otherwise lack of any healthcare whatsoever, leaving him/her an orphan?

Nobody has ever chosen to be born. That's not karma, and you don't "deserve it". Your head just emailed me, it wants you to remove him from your anal cavity.

p.s. Merry Christmas.

Edited by Moonlight_Graham

there is something to be said about overpopulation. when deer keep their same populations and human steal their land, causing huge population densities, humans take it upon themselves to do mass slaughters. but when humans do the same thing to each other and people start dying because we just cannot sustain ourselves at our growing rate, we need to make sure everyone lives to perpetuate the problem. i'm by no means suggesting cruelty or any -cides, but is it better to have the earth crumble so no future life is possible, or to make sacrifices so more people are able to keep living? i would love to have a huge family with like 4 kids, but i won't because it isn't responsible on a global scale. people keep having unplanned pregnancies, making me feel bad about my reproduction. its like that movie idiocracy, when all the smart parents have fewer or no kids because it is ruining the world, and then the world just becomes a place that no intelligent person wants to have children in.