Chellelyru

Station of State

From Warne:

Yes it is a mistake. Thanks for alerting us. The mastering engineer embeds these details and clearly was not told of the title change. I can own some responsibility in that. But i prefer to see it as an interesting fan collectible feature rather than feel like an idiot.  :P
Edited by Tips
  • Upvote 1

I got it un Sunday (because there's no bloody proper record store in an hour drive radius of my house) and I have the Station of State version as well. 

I second your frustration. I live in Mississauga, Ontario, and you'd think that would mean there are places to buy CD's. Best Buy no longer carries CD's in store, Wal Mart is only useful if you happen to like country and TSwift, and HMV is dead. I had to call around and I found a Sunrise Records ...I always buy Matt's records in all formats 1) Because support the damn artist, 2) Just in case I am in a situation where my phone is dead and I don't have access to a record player, and 3) Because fanaticism. You guys can relate.

EDIT: I haven't tried to play it in a CD player that registers the album name, but I will check it out later. That said, anyone struck by how the original album name when turned into an acronym spells SOS - Save Our Souls ...probably intentional. 

Edited by andydanger85

It's pretty sad that I don't have anything to play a CD on anymore except for my laptop.  My new car doesn't come with a CD player, which feels weird.  Gone are the days of keeping some discs in the car.

I'm going to grab a copy of it on the weekend.

It's pretty sad that I don't have anything to play a CD on anymore except for my laptop.  My new car doesn't come with a CD player, which feels weird.  Gone are the days of keeping some discs in the car.

I'm going to grab a copy of it on the weekend.

I just leased a new Honda and was shocked to find that a CD player simply wasn't an option...definitely the end of an era.

I second your frustration. I live in Mississauga, Ontario, and you'd think that would mean there are places to buy CD's. Best Buy no longer carries CD's in store, Wal Mart is only useful if you happen to like country and TSwift, and HMV is dead. I had to call around and I found a Sunrise Records ...I always buy Matt's records in all formats 1) Because support the damn artist, 2) Just in case I am in a situation where my phone is dead and I don't have access to a record player, and 3) Because fanaticism. You guys can relate.

EDIT: I haven't tried to play it in a CD player that registers the album name, but I will check it out later. That said, anyone struck by how the original album name when turned into an acronym spells SOS - Save Our Souls ...probably intentional. 

I just took a walk in part of the west end of downtown Toronto and visited two record stores. The LP wasn't available at either record store. Frustrating!

I know right? I know a lot of people are buying online but I'm not about to start. I want a CD with a booklet in my hands. I will buy a song here and there but when I buy a record I want to have a physical copy that I actually own.

In Quebec we have a store chain called Archambault. They were bought by a book store chain called Renaud-Bray a couple of years ago. Archambault had 0 copies of the record but Renaud-Bray, who has an average of under 60 CDs in the whole store had one copy of Storm (now mine). 

Maybe there was problems with the distribution or something but this is really frustrating... I don't give a crap about how the world is going to digital, I'm not. Don't get me wrong I have a phone with my whole record collection on it. But I want that physical CD. 

Ok, I don't get it. For the past few albums anyway I've found Matthew Good's new album in WalMart. That's strange that the one in Mississauga wouldn't carry it.

Yeah I got Chaotic Neutral from my local WalMart. I was surprised they didn't have Storm. Yet they had Liam Gallagher's solo record... go figure...