wow saturnine... i suppose nothing but your own stupid jumped-up opinions mean anything to you

just as a sidenote, i will add more U2 PROOFS because that is what they are

first of all, id like to say that that guys article was retarded, and made no sense... you do realize that U2 made a multi-million dollar deal with iPod, to further enhance publicity, and to make more money, because money, believe it or not, makes the world fucking turn. therefore they have to be on a commercial

secondly, has this guy ever read U2 lyrics, or even tried to write on his own??? i mean cmon, maybe if you spent some time not being retarded and had some semblance of a brain, he might realize that when you sing, you sing what comes from the heart... every band woo's and hoo's and yeah's in their songs because feelings are sometines way too strong to put into words

also, ALL THAT YOU CAN'T LEAVE BEHIND produced Beautiful Day, which the the number 2 song in 2000, as rated by about 11 canadian rock stations, and Walk On was the longest video to remain at the number one spot in all of 2000 on muchmusic. not to mention elevation being the theme song for Lara Croft

and i cant fucking believe that this guy would even think of putting the songs 'Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own', Original of the Species', and 'One Step Closer' in any kind of negative tone. i mean, i hope he realizes that Bono lost his mother to cancer at 17, and then his father to cancer in 2001, and all three of those songs are about his father. how can you even think to put down songs written about something like that. obviously this guy has no concept that something might matter besides himself in this world

thats not even to mention the rest of the songs on the album.

and he's whining about the lyrics of the songs??!?!?!

this guy has a mental illness

i will now write a line from every song here, to make this retard see the point

Vertigo - 'and though your soul it can't be bought your mind can wander'

Miracle Drug - 'Freedom has a scent like the top of a newborn babies head. the songs are in your eyes, i see them when you smile'

Sometimes You Can't Make It... - 'And it's you when i look in the mirror, and it's you who makes it hard to let go. can you hear me when i sing? you're the reason i sing. you're the reason why the opera is in me'

Love and Peace or Else - 'and the troops on the ground are about to dig in, will we make it out alive?'

City of Blinding Lights - 'and i miss you when you're not around. i'm getting ready to leave the ground. oh you look so beautiful tonight in the city of blinding lights'

All Because of You - 'i was born a child of grace, nothing else about the place everything was ugly but your beautiful face that left me no illusion i saw you in the curve of the moon in the shadow cast across my room you heard my, in my truth, but i just heard confusion. i like the sound of my voice, i didn't give anyone else a choice intellectual tortoise racing with your bullet train

A Man and A Woman - 'I could never take a chance on losing love to find romance. and the mysterious ditance between a man and a woman'

Crumbs From Your Table - 'Where you live should not decide whether you live or whether you die' <<---- That is without a doubt the most profound thing that anyone ANYWHERE EVER has ever put into song before

alright, i wont do the last 4 songs b/c i think you get the point

Fuck this guy is an idiot

and saturnine along with him

wow saturnine... i suppose nothing but your own stupid jumped-up opinions mean anything to you

just as a sidenote, i will add more U2 PROOFS because that is what they are

first of all, id like to say that that guys article was retarded, and made no sense... you do realize that U2 made a multi-million dollar deal with iPod, to further enhance publicity, and to make more money, because money, believe it or not, makes the world fucking turn. therefore they have to be on a commercial

secondly, has this guy ever read U2 lyrics, or even tried to write on his own??? i mean cmon, maybe if you spent some time not being retarded and had some semblance of a brain, he might realize that when you sing, you sing what comes from the heart... every band woo's and hoo's and yeah's in their songs because feelings are sometines way too strong to put into words

also, ALL THAT YOU CAN'T LEAVE BEHIND produced Beautiful Day, which the the number 2 song in 2000, as rated by about 11 canadian rock stations, and Walk On was the longest video to remain at the number one spot in all of 2000 on muchmusic. not to mention elevation being the theme song for Lara Croft

and i cant fucking believe that this guy would even think of putting the songs 'Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own', Original of the Species', and 'One Step Closer' in any kind of negative tone. i mean, i hope he realizes that Bono lost his mother to cancer at 17, and then his father to cancer in 2001, and all three of those songs are about his father. how can you even think to put down songs written about something like that. obviously this guy has no concept that something might matter besides himself in this world

thats not even to mention the rest of the songs on the album.

and he's whining about the lyrics of the songs??!?!?!

this guy has a mental illness

i will now write a line from every song here, to make this retard see the point

Vertigo - 'and though your soul it can't be bought your mind can wander'

Miracle Drug - 'Freedom has a scent like the top of a newborn babies head. the songs are in your eyes, i see them when you smile'

Sometimes You Can't Make It... - 'And it's you when i look in the mirror, and it's you who makes it hard to let go. can you hear me when i sing? you're the reason i sing. you're the reason why the opera is in me'

Love and Peace or Else - 'and the troops on the ground are about to dig in, will we make it out alive?'

City of Blinding Lights - 'and i miss you when you're not around. i'm getting ready to leave the ground. oh you look so beautiful tonight in the city of blinding lights'

All Because of You - 'i was born a child of grace, nothing else about the place everything was ugly but your beautiful face that left me no illusion i saw you in the curve of the moon in the shadow cast across my room you heard my, in my truth, but i just heard confusion. i like the sound of my voice, i didn't give anyone else a choice intellectual tortoise racing with your bullet train

A Man and A Woman - 'I could never take a chance on losing love to find romance. and the mysterious ditance between a man and a woman'

Crumbs From Your Table - 'Where you live should not decide whether you live or whether you die' <<---- That is without a doubt the most profound thing that anyone ANYWHERE EVER has ever put into song before

alright, i wont do the last 4 songs b/c i think you get the point

Fuck this guy is an idiot

and saturnine along with him

wow.. ok.. you like u2.. gotcha.

next.

U2 and Emma are the two most important things in the world to me

and i have to admit, that avatar that made fun of me was pretty funny

and Anton, they will play Vancouver at least three times

i mean cmon, they filled up BC FUCKING PLACE twice last tour

you do make a good point, saturnine.

and that was actually not offensive for once.

please try to reply in that civilized manner from now on. it becomes you much more. and it makes me actually respect your opinion.

sorry josh, but he has a point.

want to argue that? let's talk good and evil.

U2 rocks the house, you just can't understand because your mind is way too samll to comprehend amzing lyrics, entertaining effects, and awesome melodies

You know, I'm pretty inclined to say that your mind is too small to comprehend that different people like different things.

If that were true, there would only be one style of music, and only one person making music.

EDIT: Back on topic, I'm not much of a U2 fan... I've listened to a couple of their songs (vertigo and beautiful day), and found them catchy at first, but got bored with them after a while. My sister got their new CD for Christmas, though.

Edited by ecnarf

Maddox is hilarious. I don't agree with what he says about U2 and I don't agree with him on a lot of things but he can be pretty funny. You just have to check your political correctness at the door.

As for U2, the only whole albums that I have are War and All That You Can't Leave Behind. I also have their two greatest hits collections. What I have heard from them is really good.

thats true man, the songs seem to span all the way from BOY to ALL THAT YOU CAN'T LEAVE BEHIND

'City of Blinding Lights', with the woo-ing in the chorus, is reminiscent of "Stories for Boys, just as an example

i got the U2 iPod for christmas, its aweosme

As much as I like their new album, it seems to be kind of simple to me. When I hear songs from Joshua Tree and Achtung Baby, and even when you go back to October or Boy or all the way to Pop, there is some things when I think "wow, that was really awesome". The lyrics are really meaningful, it has a unique sound, and everything works well together in a really good way.

This album - as well as their last - is pretty simple to me. It's just lyrics put to music...nothing too complex (or so I find?). Maybe I just haven't listen to it enought. But I stand by my earlier comment that older U2 (even if it's just early 90's U2) is much better.