linkin park is a pre-packaged deal. they were put together by a record company and originally slated to be a boy band. but that fad was on its way out and angry music was making a come back so they were told to change their image and sound.

having learned that, it's hard to respect them. plus the fact that i really just can't stand their music. and while i know you didn't start the thread so that people would diss a band you like, if you're gonna praise something you have to be open to people who don't like it as well. and i fall into the latter category. but if you dig it, good on ya.

listen to the lyrics of the songs, honestly if they are slow writers i dont care, a lot of their songs lyrics workout for lets say "my age group" they just fit. if they are slow then fine ill wait a while, i really linked reanimation and as a matter of fact im listening to it right now. teh only song i was kind of iffy about was h!vltge but that was it. the album is good and meteora was really well done i just cant wait for them to come out with something new, im impatient...=\

listen to the lyrics of the songs, honestly if they are slow writers i dont care, a lot of their songs lyrics workout for lets say "my age group" they just fit. if they are slow then fine ill wait a while, i really linked reanimation and as a matter of fact im listening to it right now. teh only song i was kind of iffy about was h!vltge but that was it. the album is good and meteora was really well done i just cant wait for them to come out with something new, im impatient...=\

I think music should fit, period. This "it fits into my age group" thing is nonsense... I've always said that good music is universal, that truly good music can always be felt by people, even if they dislike the style or the artist, no matter their age or whatever classification you can put them in.

Either way, I'm not an LP fan... to be honest, I find them and their fans (well, the overly angsty girly ones, anyways) to be annoying and irritating.

linkin park is a pre-packaged deal. they were put together by a record company and originally slated to be a boy band. but that fad was on its way out and angry music was making a come back so they were told to change their image and sound.

where in the fuck did you hear that bs?

... besides, most of the band members new each other when they started, and PLAYED INSTRUMENTS... how were they slated to be a "boy band".... they're not all singers...

i'm sorry i don't mean to be a bitch but that's the biggest load of shit i've ever heard.

I think one can recognaize that a band is really crappy and still enjoy the music. For example, I listen to a bit of Fuel (they suck, although not as badly as LP), knowing they're not that good of musicians, their sound is pretty generic, their lyrics aren't exactly good or all that original. Doesn't really mean I must therefore stop listening to Fuel.

If you like LP you have bad taste in music

I guess if you like cliche lyrics and cds which sound the same all power to you

So since I like LP, I have bad taste in music?

But the fact that Matthew Good is my absolute favourite artist has no validity whatsoever?

....right.

where in the fuck did you hear that bs?

... besides, most of the band members new each other when they started, and PLAYED INSTRUMENTS... how were they slated to be a "boy band".... they're not all singers...

i'm sorry i don't mean to be a bitch but that's the biggest load of shit i've ever heard.

I heard on the internet (so it must be true) that Chester originally tried out to be a member of nsync.

lp only have one style of song, i could be wrong because iv only ever heard like 4 songs by them but there always im sad, and lonely, and no one likes me, i have problems songs. there really two demensional as far as i can see

Four songs? I don't think that's enough to really clasify a band. Especially if they're just the singles, which I'm guessing is the case. But if you personally don't like them based on that, that's you right.

And Linkin Park were not a pre-packaged deal. That's a load of crap. Show me the link or the story and then we'll talk.

And don't say "if you like Linkin Park you have bad taste in music." You sound like an idiot.

I have great taste in music, but I like a lot of music. Some of it may not be "cool" (like Linkin Park) but I don't give a shit.

Rant over.

I went to the concert with my ex back in feb when they came to the pacific colliseum...what a show. They had hoobastank, pod, and ah jeez i cant remember the opener band...itl come to me soon enough...

It was Story Of The Year. I was there too. Great fucking show.

ANGST.

Just kidding.

No really, angst. I used to own Hybrid Theory because my friend told me to check them out, it was horrifying. It sucked. As someone else said the songs are all the same, and yes they are only 2 dimensional, but since this is coming from someone who's heard more than one album apparently it makes my opinion more credible. To me they sound just like another Nickleback.

But yeah music taste is subjective. I just have no idea how someone can listen to that crap. They're such whiners.

I think music should fit, period. This "it fits into my age group" thing is nonsense... I've always said that good music is universal, that truly good music can always be felt by people, even if they dislike the style or the artist, no matter their age or whatever classification you can put them in.

Either way, I'm not an LP fan... to be honest, I find them and their fans (well, the overly angsty girly ones, anyways) to be annoying and irritating.

first i have to say lyrics shouldnt fit universally, some bands are geared towards teenagers and other music is more adult. its about personal prefference you shouldnt have one band that everyone can just like, its not the 70s anymore rock is going to hell.

secondly like was said, funny how i like lp a huge amount and yet im here with mg as my favourite artist..yup my bad taste in music sure prevails...especially since i think that pink floyd is also one of the greatest bands there were, along with rush...but hey what the hell do i know i like lp right? idiot.

Y'know? I might actually have bought Mashup or whatever if it weren't 19.99$ for 6 songs.

I didn't want to bash them, i like the music, but cmon, 40 minute releases are EP's and should cost no more than $11.

It's a DVD aswell, i really awesome one, too.

I'm a huge LP fan. you should see my room haha. i would have more Matt Good stuff put up, but he doesn't have any posters or anything (and if he doesn, i've never seen them) i did get a shirt though when i was lucky enough to see him in concert. he's really really amazing live. there were al ot of people moshing and smoking pot all around though ;) oh this is about Linkin Park isn't it ha. Yea, i don't really have favourite bands, because LP, MG(B) and Slipknot are all right up top. I'm in the LPU. is anyone else?

secondly like was said, funny how i like lp a huge amount and yet im here with mg as my favourite artist..yup my bad taste in music sure prevails...especially since i think that pink floyd is also one of the greatest bands there were, along with rush...but hey what the hell do i know i like lp right? idiot.

You have fun with that, then.